Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan after BK?

tag
carolina98
Contributor

Car loan after BK?

Do any major car companies such as Honda, Toyota or Nissan, Ford give financing after a BK with a farily good credit score? Where else might you get a car loan and what type of interest rate?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Car loan after BK?

To answer your question directly yes they do offer financing post BK. Rates may not be as good but the possibility to finance is available. Requirements may be different between creditors/lenders do your homework and research them.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

As far as I can remember I was never turned down for any type of loan because of my BK but of course I know I paid higher rates because of it.

Credit unions can be a good source for possible financing. If you have any in your local area I would talk to several of them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Toyota and Nissan/Infiniti would be at the top of my list.

Nissan will go down to 620 and still offer special financing

Toyota will go to 650 - Tier 3 for them and still give you special financing and leasing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.