cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan with Santander and filed Chapter 7 - Was your car repossessed?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Car loan with Santander and filed Chapter 7 - Was your car repossessed?

@Rodneyfrmttown wrote:

They can not repo the car once you have filed, it is against the law. I have a car loan through Exeter when I filed and I was behind 3 months on payments, well I filed in May and still have car now and as a matter of fact my attorney told me if they want to repo in a Chapter 7 they have to file a motion through the court and that alone takes 30 days. But most will wait until you forfiet the car. They will work toward a reaffirmation which basically means resigning the loan with added or deleted stipulations. Hope this helps Good Luck!!

not trying to thread jack but what was your interest rate with exeter...just paid them off and mine was 20.54

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a pass through if you don't mind me asking
Message 22 of 24
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Pass through is when you agree to keep making payments to keep the collateral, but do not reaffirm.

Not all lenders allow this.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 23 of 24
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

pass through = ride through

Slang term meaning you continue making your monthly payments on time but you don't reaffirm the loan officially. If you run into difficulty you turn the vehicle in and they can't come after you for the deficiency. It is preferred over a reaffirmation unless you have a lot of equity in your vehicle. Talk to your attorney about it. 

Here is a link with more detail:  http://www.legalconsumer.com/bankruptcy/keyword.php?t=ride-through

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.