Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that were IIB were removed from my reports and AAoA

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cards that were IIB were removed from my reports and AAoA

I thought closed cards would continue to report for 10 years so they would continue in the current AAoA calculation. I found all but one of my cards aren't in my current AAoA. One survived on my EQ report. That bank didn't get burned but they had to close the account because of the BK. Were those cards supposed to continue to report or does BK change things with this? All of the accounts that had a balance were CO before I filed a year later

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards that were IIB were removed from my reports and AAoA

@masscredit wrote:

I thought closed cards would continue to report for 10 years so they would continue in the current AAoA calculation. I found all but one of my cards aren't in my current AAoA. One survived on my EQ report. That bank didn't get burned but they had to close the account because of the BK. Were those cards supposed to continue to report or does BK change things with this? All of the accounts that had a balance were CO before I filed a year later

Mine all dropped off a few months after my discharge.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 6
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

My understanding is that accounts IIB are subject to the same 7 year removal as is used to remove accounts 7 years from DOFD. In other words, if you had an account with no delinquency but IIB, it is removed in 7 years from the BK. If you had an account with a string of lates prior to the BK, that will be subject to removal 7 years from DOFD. 

FICO 8 (1/21/24) EX 805 EQ 720 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778 TU 850
CH 13 DC 1/5/21 -- I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 5K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 1K | Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 3 of 6
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

My Cap1 dropped shortly after filing BK and hasnt returned. Theoretically, my AMEX should fall off in March for the 7 year rule but idk. 

Its nice not to have be in crusthing debt anymore.

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 4 of 6
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

My understanding is that accounts IIB are subject to the same 7 year removal as is used to remove accounts 7 years from DOFD. In other words, if you had an account with no delinquency but IIB, it is removed in 7 years from the BK. If you had an account with a string of lates prior to the BK, that will be subject to removal 7 years from DOFD. 

This was my experince as well. All accounts I had IIB fell off around the 7 year mark

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 5 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Mine all dropped off a few months after my discharge.

I'd have to look at reports that I pulled around my BK. I don't remember if they fell off before the DC or leaning up to it. I didn't start to notice my AAoA until I started rebuilding last May and found it at zero months. The only one that had any time was my EX which my old DCU card that is stil reporting on. That card wasn't IIB and there was other one that didn't have a balance and wasn't included either. They just all went away.  I'm pretty sure that DCU card is the reason why my EX score is about 35 points higher than the other two. It's the only difference I see. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.