Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carvana

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carvana

So my wife and I are just getting out of bankruptcy(discharge 10/16) and we were planning on doing more rebuilding before applying for a car loan for my wife but her car died a few days ago. She was approved for a car loan through carvana for up to 16k with 300 down at 17.49%(sucks I know but we are in a bind now).

My question is does anyone know how taxes and registration work if you buy through them? Do they include them in the loan or is it something that has to be handled through the state after delivery?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Carvana

I bought a car from Carvana and noticed some imperfections after it was delievered and kept it a few days and returned it. This was last year.
To answer your question, the car was delivered with a Georgia temporary paper plate and supposedly the registration would follow.
I’d try Carmax (if you’re near Maryland or Wisconsin, they sell new Toyota’s at Laurel, MD and Kenosha, WI). I was approved for a brand new Toyota Corolla with $900 down, Capital One Auto Finance approved me at 16.99%. I got a new car that was flawless and refinanced it later.
Read reviews on Carvana, stay away from used rentals that were likely mistreated.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously . . . Share one car and supplement with Uber/public transportation/friends/ANYTHING for a couple of months..

You can get single digit financing if you get a couple of credit cards reporting (even secured) in the interim.

It legit pains me to see people jump right back into the fire of bad loans after they’ve just been cleared from them.

Better yet, get creative and save up some cash and go car payment free. You can find transportation for a couple grand.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say prequal with cap one auto. We had several places wanting big downs etc we just were not in a position to do with kids and medical stuff happening even after our chap7

Some of us live places or have families etc and uber etc just is not an option I get it.

Public transport is not a thing by my home and it snows 6 months of the year. I had 3 kids in carseats and a busted arm lol wasnt about to try to walk for 2 hours to a bus or hope an uber had the right car to fit the carseats and try to put them in correctly with one arm in the snow.

We got a cap 1 loan with a brand new car (we did get an awesome deal on it as it was a "demo" so it had a few k miles and you can talk them down ALOT for that. (Ours was 40 percent off msrp)

Anywho little over 12% interest and refinanced about 8 or so months later for just over 4% Smiley Happy

Yes the high interest sucked. I HATED seeing how much went to interest every month BUT it did make us work hard toward rebuilding and watch our pennies. Love our car, and our rebuild has been pretty awesome (other than disco lol)

Really look into your options. Cap one is a good start though as they dont shoot your profile around like dealerships and they do work with tons of dealerships so your car options are pretty good. You can get new or used and do a lot of the shopping around at home. Smiley Happy was great in our sucky weather last year lol

Message 4 of 10
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Theres nothing better than a loan free car!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is completely included with the carvana prices after you do the prequal on their site.  They soft pull, then will put your info into every car you look at and it will show the payment and complete sales price.  There are also sliders to adjust your downpayment that effects your payment.

Message 6 of 10
twono
Frequent Contributor

Just for kicks, i just did a pre-qual with Carvana....I'm less than 30 days post DC....

3.90% - 9.30%

$0 down is possible

68 mos. maximum length of loan

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do the same with cap one?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, but sometimes that simply is not a possibility
Message 9 of 10
twono
Frequent Contributor

I burned capone for over $32k, so not trying them for anything.

I dont need a vehicle and will not finance a vehicle for at least 5 yrs. i was just bored and curious to see what carvana is about.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.