Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certainly been a rocky 60days

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Certainly been a rocky 60days

You definitely want those scores in the 600's before anything else.  You're probably already aware how lucky you are to be an NFCU member because as soon as those scores do go up, they will be an instrumental part of your ticket to rebuild. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 11 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would agree with the NFCU secured card route.

+100

Message 12 of 15
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Guys I already have one card. Not wanting to do a secured card if I can help it. Are you all suggestions that I get navy secured as a second card? I already have one. Should be getting a second after 5 pmts per 700 in 24 thread.
Message 13 of 15
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@SSH0126 wrote:
Guys I already have one card. Not wanting to do a secured card if I can help it. Are you all suggestions that I get navy secured as a second card? I already have one. Should be getting a second after 5 pmts per 700 in 24 thread.

I believe you mentioned burning Cap One ?   That shouldnt matter and it hasnt for many of us.  I burned them for 3k and they approved me 1 and 3 months post disch.  My scores were in the mid 600's though.  Get the scores up and you should be good to go for another card.  At that point you could try some shopping cart tricks for revolving accounts. Try the Cap One Pre qual as well . 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the very first things I did after getting discharged was go to my local CU and opened a secured loan for 500.00 and a secured CC for 500.00. , When this new loan reported I recd a 50 point increase. I then applied for Cap 1, also burnt them in BK, took about 2 weeks, but they approved for 3000 cl. Then waited a week and tried Barclays, approved for 500.00.  It wasn't exactly following Soulmasters plan, but I tried to stay on track and it worked. I think the most important was going to that CU and starting a relationship and getting that secured loan and card. Both have since been closed out but were a terrific stepping stone. Hope this helps. It all moves slowly and it is difficult to be patient at times, but it will pay off in the long run.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.