Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch. 13 Credit Report Question

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Ch. 13 Credit Report Question

This month I pulled my new quarterly 3B report from MyFico.  I noticed that one of the accounts that I IIB, NFCU (something I really regret, but nothing to be done about it now), shows a (1) 90+ day late on my Experian Credit report.  It shows a late for August 2016, the same month that I received my discharge.  All three credit bureaus show this account as $0, included in Ch. 13, discharged.  EQ and TU show no lates at all.  Only EX shows (1) 90+ day late.  Is this normal?  Is this something worth disputing?  I suspect this could be why my EX score is 31 points lower than EQ and 12 points lower than TU.  I'd appreciate any and all insight.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ch. 13 Credit Report Question

I have a similar issue. My car was financed at a local credit union when I filed Chap 13 in 2010.  No payments were ever missed or late when I filed. The car was paid off in Dec 2013 through the plan. Ex and Eq reports as closed current but TU reports  it as closed on a payment plan.  TU is also my lowest score  I have disputed with TU and they determined that it is reported correctly.  

I really don't even know how long this will continue to report. There was never a dofd.  I am hoping the day I filed will be the 7 year starting date. This is also the only account from the BK that is still on any of my reports. 

Message 2 of 8
krielly
Established Contributor

TGT - No late payments should be reported subsequent to the filing date. Definitely dispute!

LML - Yours is a different scenario. Even though all payments were made on time through the plan, this account is still considered a part of your BK. If you had no lates whatsoever before filing, your filing date will be your DOFD.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 3 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@krielly wrote:

TGT - No late payments should be reported subsequent to the filing date. Definitely dispute!

LML - Yours is a different scenario. Even though all payments were made on time through the plan, this account is still considered a part of your BK. If you had no lates whatsoever before filing, your filing date will be your DOFD.

K

Thank you krielly.  I've sent letters to all 3 CRA.  I think I'll give my attorney a call as well to see what, if any, help he can offer.

Message 4 of 8
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Not trying to hijack this thread but, krielly, can you say more why you think they cannot report lates after filing? I ask because one of our car loans, with a small, local CU, was never late when we filed and paid off through the Ch. 13 BK but they are reporting 36 late payments on both TU and EQ, the first several being 5 months late or what ever that worst category is. We talked to our attorney about this and he said that most creditors don't do that but it wasn't illegal for them to do so. Note: the payments the trustee made to them were less than the payment amount agreed upon in our loan. The severity of the lates decreased as the loan was caught up with trustee payments but it took three years to catch it up and then several more payments before it was paid off and we got the pink slip.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 5 of 8
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Bump

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 6 of 8
krielly
Established Contributor

you should dispute the reported lates if they did not occur prior to your BK.

Once you filed (and rec'd subsequent discharge), you had no legal financial obligation to repay the debt (unless you reaffirmed?). Therefore the only late pays which can legally be reported are the ones that occurred prior to your filing date.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 7 of 8
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

I have a similiar issue with Experian.  It is also my lowest score as well.  Ughhh!

My Target card is showing CO (which, I guess, it technically is) but it was IIB.  In the summary section of my Experian report it shows 3 accounts reporting late, but only Target is showing up as the lone negative account.  Everything else is reporting correctly.

I've disputed it so many times that I've been banned from disputing.  Seriously.  So the only thing I can do is wait for it to fall off.  And the DOFD is incorrectly reporting as January 2012.  My BK file date was August 2011.  I'm exhausted just thinking about what a nightmare that one account has been.  I will NEVER apply for another Target card again.  And since I only shop there about twice a year, it is no loss at all!!

I hope you get things straightened out with Experian.  2018 can't come fast enough!  LOL!!

ETA: Experian also shows my payment history at 79% while the others show 100%. 

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.