Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 Discharge - Confused

tag
rfbs
Established Member

Ch 13 Discharge - Confused

Communication from my lawyer is non-existent.  I knew my discharge was approaching, but not aware of the actual discharge until FICO sent me an alert!  Still no response from my lawyer. 

• At this point, two accounts (student and car loans) reflect:  Bankruptcy Chapter 13 Petitioned, or Discharged and Bankruptcy Chapter 13 Reaffirmation of Debt Rescinded  What does this mean? 
  • I have no documentation from the court other than telling me to complete my DSO, which I did. Is this coming from my lawyer or the court?  
  • The car was not included in the BK.  Do I need to contact the car lender and attempt to reach an agreement or has that ship sailed? 
  • I have more recent student loans, which indicate they are current (deferred).  Not clear on what is needed for those flagged as Petitioned, Discharged, etc. - if anything.
  • I owe the IRS. They did not respond in time to have included in my BK, despite my reporting it and having it documented.  So, now I work out an arrangement with them directly? 
  • There were other accounts noted as debts when I filed, but were not included due to no response.   Am I clear from payment on those?  

Still trying to get in touch with my lawyer about all the above. 

I am more stressed now than when I filed.  Appreciate any advice.  

Thanks!  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Ch 13 Discharge - Confused

You have many questions to many sections of your BK. I found calling my lawyer wasn't going to work. I saw him twice. I always drove by the office and talked to his paralegal who does all the work anyway. Might want to try that.

Message 2 of 4
rfbs
Established Member

Thanks,  that's the plan.  The original lawyer assigned to my case quit., then the paralegal.  Not sure who is left there, which I am sure is adding to the issues.  I am under a legal plan at work, so I am sure I am not getting top billing in their backlog either.  Face-to-face this week.  

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That'll work.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.