Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 Discharge - Now What

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ch 13 Discharge - Now What

Ok great thanks, the judgements do not say satisfied but one of them is for Bof A ( a large amount) and it also shows in the report as account IIB.   We just thought since we paid these creditors through he BK the judgements would come off.   But nevertheless, they do not say satisfied and one of them is duplicated in the accounts section as IIB. 

They are due to all come off by next April worse case, but having them on there is not helping the rebuild process.  

I'm calling the mortgage company this week, we didn't reaffirm but hoping they will consider reporting.  The new car loan should help as well.

Message 31 of 43
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I would dispute the judgements since they are reporting incorrectly, who knows, they may delete them if they're not meeting the new reporting guidelines that go into affect next week.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok will dispute the judgements and see what happens...      None our accounts that were included in the BK are on our history as wage earner plan.. The only one on there is the Bof A which happens to also be one of the judgements.  Weird.   Only thing I can think of is we originally tried for theCh 7 but didn't pass means test so it converted to chapter 13 but it took 6 months for us to finally have our 341 and get going.  Our original filing date was Oct 2011 and we mad our first ch 13 payment in March 2012.

Maybe they fell off due to the original 7?  

Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok will dispute the judgements and see what happens...      None our accounts that were included in the BK are on our history as wage earner plan.. The only one on there is the Bof A which happens to also be one of the judgements.  Weird.   Only thing I can think of is we originally tried for theCh 7 but didn't pass means test so it converted to chapter 13 but it took 6 months for us to finally have our 341 and get going.  Our original filing date was Oct 2011 and we mad our first ch 13 payment in March 2012.

Maybe they fell off due to the original 7?  

Maybe?  I have some disputes in now and I will wait a few months to see what happens.  I might do some searching on the internet as well.

Message 34 of 43
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If the accounts were already in default then they may have fallen off due to the DOFD already passing

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATES/Ch 13 Discharge - Now What

CH 13      30 days post discharge- here are a couple of updates and questions....

Since discharge My wife and I each opened and Open Sky Secured ($300 each) no hard pull on credit report. 1st payment due this month (already paid the $35 fee and will only be  letting 9% report on reports)

We burned Cap1, USAA, Chase, Discover, Bof A and a few others... Most of our Ch 13 was unsecured credit card debt so we opted for the secured OPEN SKY since there would be no hard pull.  Will use 9% and pay off for the next several months then try for Navy Fed unsecured  (did not burn in bk) and we have had our checking and savings with them for 20 years.  We also received a car loan 9%.. (not the greatest but could be worse) planning to pay on this for 6 months then try to refi with Navy Fed as well. 1st payment due August.  Hopefully this will bump scores as well over time.  (We only put the car in my name)

ISSUE: 3 civil judgements remain on credit reports... these were judgements that were filed 10 mos prior to the Ch 13 filing and these creditors were included in the BK (all credit card debt)  The judgements were all filed between Jan 2011 and April 2011 & Ch 13 filed October 2011.  Question.. if we cant get them removed immeditelty, will these fall off early prior to the 7 years and/ or do we need to request they be removed or do the bureaus remove them automatically?  Just wondering how much these are impacting the scores as well.

With respect to the judgements, we have contracted with Lexington Law ( only going to do this for 3-4 months max to help expedite the letters that need to be sent out) they are disputing the "identity verification" due to new laws in effect July 2017.  We'll see what happens.  If nothing comes of their effort in the next 30 days will probably consider dropping them.

Thx!

Updated Scores 30 days post discharge:

July 10, 2017 

TU 568 (prior score at discharge  N/A)

EQ 586 (prior score at discharge N/A)

EXP N/A. Still no score 

Wife

TU 616. (Prior score at discharge 570)

EQ 676. (Prior score at discharge 604)

EXP 648 (prior score at discharge  N/A)

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATES/Ch 13 Discharge - Now What

@Anonymous wrote:

CH 13      30 days post discharge- here are a couple of updates and questions....

Since discharge My wife and I each opened and Open Sky Secured ($300 each) no hard pull on credit report. 1st payment due this month (already paid the $35 fee and will only be  letting 9% report on reports)

We burned Cap1, USAA, Chase, Discover, Bof A and a few others... Most of our Ch 13 was unsecured credit card debt so we opted for the secured OPEN SKY since there would be no hard pull.  Will use 9% and pay off for the next several months then try for Navy Fed unsecured  (did not burn in bk) and we have had our checking and savings with them for 20 years.  We also received a car loan 9%.. (not the greatest but could be worse) planning to pay on this for 6 months then try to refi with Navy Fed as well. 1st payment due August.  Hopefully this will bump scores as well over time.  (We only put the car in my name)

ISSUE: 3 civil judgements remain on credit reports... these were judgements that were filed 10 mos prior to the Ch 13 filing and these creditors were included in the BK (all credit card debt)  The judgements were all filed between Jan 2011 and April 2011 & Ch 13 filed October 2011.  Question.. if we cant get them removed immeditelty, will these fall off early prior to the 7 years and/ or do we need to request they be removed or do the bureaus remove them automatically?  Just wondering how much these are impacting the scores as well.

With respect to the judgements, we have contracted with Lexington Law ( only going to do this for 3-4 months max to help expedite the letters that need to be sent out) they are disputing the "identity verification" due to new laws in effect July 2017.  We'll see what happens.  If nothing comes of their effort in the next 30 days will probably consider dropping them.

Thx!

Updated Scores 30 days post discharge:

July 10, 2017 

TU 568 (prior score at discharge  N/A)

EQ 586 (prior score at discharge N/A)

EXP N/A. Still no score 

Wife

TU 616. (Prior score at discharge 570)

EQ 676. (Prior score at discharge 604)

EXP 648 (prior score at discharge  N/A)

I had a judgement on mine and just did a dispute myself and they removed it.  I think I said it was included in the BK and had them verify the data.  One of the CRAs I had to do a second dispute on it but eventually they all removed it.

Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for the info. We're going to dispute as well. Lex law will take it slow so you keep paying we thought we'd try it for 30 -60 days just to get things jump started.

Did the removal help your scores?
Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Great, thanks for the info. We're going to dispute as well. Lex law will take it slow so you keep paying we thought we'd try it for 30 -60 days just to get things jump started.

Did the removal help your scores?

It went up some but I don't remember how much.

Message 39 of 43
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I don't think my scores improved at all when my tax liens we're removed. As far as NFCU, I don't think they'll give you an unsecured card until 12 months post discharge. If Amex was not IIB, you can make them a goal for later this year. They'll approve 5 years post filing if you have a decent rebuild. I think I was about 6-7 months post discharge when I was approved.

As far as revolving debt that's not a cc, NFCU doesn't have the same 1 year rule when it comes to their CLOC.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.