cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 Recovery - TransUnion Score 170 points higher than Equifax, Student loans not reflecting ch13

tag

Ch 13 Recovery - TransUnion Score 170 points higher than Equifax, Student loans not reflecting ch13

Hi All,

First, thanks for any future advice. I'm excited about this forum that I can look to for advice and super-helpful information.

I filed ch. 13 in Nov-2011. I soon after started working on improving my transunion score. I got a truecredit.com account and called them and filed disputes line by line and got results almost immediately. All of my accounts that were included in my ch 13 were updated to "Included in Wage earner plan" or "ch. 13" and reflect a $0 balance. Now with a $3000 CL credit card through my employer's credit union, my TU score is at a nice 704.

My Equifax story is very different. The score is currently 535. I neglected to clean up the accounts on there (mostly because I already had an account with TU/Truecredit.com) until about 6 months ago. I got an online account with Equifax and started initiating several "Online Disputes". After a few weeks, some of the accounts were updated to Ch 13 but I still have student loans that show up as "Open" accounts with "Deferred" status, no mention of ch13. Another student loan from my university just says +120 past due. This particular account was never included in my chapt13 (my lawyer sent them notices but they never made the claim). Any idea how I can improve my Eq. score??

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Just found out MyFico Equifax score is 650.  But the Dashboard on equifax's website still shows 535 when I login (updated after I refreshed the report)

Ch 13 Filed 9/2011
Current FICO Scores as of 12/30/2016: EQ/EX/TU 670s
Cards: AAdvantage Aviator 3000, DiscoverIT 3000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Re: Ch 13 Recovery - TransUnion Score 170 points higher than Equifax, Student loans not reflecting c

You are in a 13 but applied and got approved for a CC?  Are you aware that one of the conditions of bankruptcy protection is no new credit accounts?

@red5standingby wrote:

I filed ch. 13 in Nov-2011. I soon after started working on improving my transunion score. I got a truecredit.com account and called them and filed disputes line by line and got results almost immediately. All of my accounts that were included in my ch 13 were updated to "Included in Wage earner plan" or "ch. 13" and reflect a $0 balance. Now with a $3000 CL credit card through my employer's credit union, my TU score is at a nice 704.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.