Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 13 discharge - advice?

tag
creditfox2
Established Member

Re: Ch 13 discharge - advice?

Congratulations on completing your Chapter 13!!!  I mailed my final payment (early payoff of $1800) last week.  I'm looking forward to receiving my discharge papers in September or October.  Did you see an increase in your scores after the discharge was reported to the CR?  I'm in the same position that you are in.... car financing after the discharge.  My current TU score is 623. 

Message 21 of 23
drboxing
Established Contributor

I completed the payment plan (64 months) on 5/21/2013.  I received a letter from the trustee stating payment plan was completed.  I look online  on 8/2/2013 at PACER.com and on a discharge paper it reads Discharge of debtor after completion of chapter 13 Plan. Then in bold letters it states:

IT IS ORDERED: "The debtor is granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code)."

Then is reads By the court and it lists the US Bankruptcy Court Judge, yet I can't get in touch with my lawyer but his secretary says i'm not discharged.  I really frustrated because I can't get any answers.  Can anyone on this board help me, please

appreciate any help

Message 22 of 23
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@creditfox2 wrote:

Congratulations on completing your Chapter 13!!!  I mailed my final payment (early payoff of $1800) last week.  I'm looking forward to receiving my discharge papers in September or October.  Did you see an increase in your scores after the discharge was reported to the CR?  I'm in the same position that you are in.... car financing after the discharge.  My current TU score is 623. 

I didn't see an increase in my scores but didn't have a problem getting starting on the road to rebuilding anyway.

4 months after discharge...

$24k auto loan

$1000 Capital One Platinum

$500 Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards

$1800 Best Buy card (through Capital One)

Yeah... I would say that Capital One is BR friendly.  I'm on the road to recovery.  My EQ score was 660 at discharge and just broke 700.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.