cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch. 7 BK DC as of 6/29/19- What’s Next?

tag
Rand2007

Ch. 7 BK DC as of 6/29/19- What’s Next?

As of 6/29/19 my Ch. 7 has been discharged. Looking at credit karma, credit Sesame and Experian free credit check- all accounts are closed and at a $0 balance with a remark of “included or discharged in ch. 7 bankruptcy”

I’d like to start the rebuild process but I’m extremely scared of 1- being denied and 2-messing up again.

As of now my scores are reflecting 551 across the board. Do you have any advice on how to rebuild? A secure credit card? Loan? Any other things I should be aware of or know?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Ch. 7 BK DC as of 6/29/19- What’s Next?

Welcome and congrats. We need to know who got burned. This will help in deciding which path to take to start.

Message 2 of 6
Rand2007

Who got burned:
Cap one
Credit one
Navy Federal
DFAS (Military Star)
Ace Cashmere express
Speedy cash

Hope that helps
Message 3 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First before anything you need to make sure your reports are in order and reflecting correctly. All your accounts that were included in bankruptcy, should show $0 balance and the notion IIB somewhere.

Once your reports with TU, EQ, and EX are reflecting as they should, I would then apply for a secured card with Discover. They will graduate between 6-12 months with proper management.

Also, you can start checking the pre-quals online for Capital one once your reports are in order, they are the most forgiving.

Forget Navy...you won't ever get them back unless they are PIF, and even then you have to jump thru hoops after they are paid back. I wouldn't ever pay back a creditor anyways just to get credit again..

Message 4 of 6
Rand2007

Even if Cap One is one of the ones I burned?

Also, what about Car Loans?

I didn't include any cars in the BK and currently drive a beater... Eventually want something newer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and Congratulations on your discharge.

-Capital One is very forgiving, keep trying their pre qualification which will not affect your score as its a soft pull.

- Credit One is out of the equation as you burned them and you may be blacklisted with them, at least thats what happened to me as i burned them. They will not let you in for a while and after a while you do not need them at all.

- As you did not burn Discover you can try their Pre qualification every week to see if it pops up any offer.

- If you dont have an installment Loan i suggest you take a look at Self Lender.

- Also see if you can be added as an authorized user on someone's CC account with excellent history.

- I myself couldnt get any offers to show up in Pre Qual from Cap One or Discover since my discharge, so i went ahead with some store cards using the SCT which is mostly HP nowadays according to many forums members, but i have not yet seen a HP for my cards listed in my signature, again YMMV.

All the best for your Journey towards better credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.