cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch. 7 Discharged in August, auto loan included BUT...

tag
apay
Valued Member

Ch. 7 Discharged in August, auto loan included BUT...

I still have the car.  I was told they could not take it until BK was discharged.  I've also heard sometimes finance companies won't bother taking the vehicle because they'd lose money by going through the process of repo.  Anyone experience this?  If they aren't planning to take it, would they notify us?  Or if they are?  If they aren't planning to take it, what would happen with the title?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ch. 7 Discharged in August, auto loan included BUT...

You likely stated your intentions in the BK (assuming chap 7) .  If you stated you intend to surrender the vehicle they may set up a voluntary repossession when the BK is discharged.  In my case , It was retain and pay my lease (but did not reaffirm the lease).  So basically I intended to keep making lease payments and they didn’t repo even though the car lease was discharged.  I did this for a year after BK.  I paid the lease they didnt take it.  If I bought the car from them I would get title.  They would likely offer the vehicle to you for a cash price but would not abandon the car altogether.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.