cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch. 7 Filed. Now I wait (Timeshare Question)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ch. 7 Filed. Now I wait (Timeshare Question)

Hello,

I have been a lurker before filing and now I have actually filed. I filed on Ch. 7 8/15/19 and my 341 meeting is this coming Friday 9/20. I basically got ahead of myself with having too much credit and had a credit union start civil proceedings. 

I searched for timeshares but didn’t see too much. I have 3 deeded timeshares through Wyndham that are paid off other than maintenance. Anyone delt with timeshares before? They are not Disney. Myrtle Beach, Vegas, Lake Lure (NC)

My lawyer says I will need to give them up, however the trustee may not take them if there is no value.

Debt-

Coastal Credit-$10k (Civil Action)

BOA Car loan $13k

Tmobile $130

Belk $267

Shell $520

Paypal MC $2356

Paypal $2374

Bestbuy $5532

Discount Tire $84

Amex $981

Citi $862

Amzaon $968

NCSECU CC $7600

NCSECU Mortage $188k

BBT CL $292

Verizon Wireless $1200

Captial Chrysler-Voluntary repo $9k remained.

Misc medical $1500

I will be keeping the 1 car and the house but not reaffirming neither.

Looking to rebuild. I am 30 so hopefully buy time im 40 this will be gone in the wind! Already started banking with NFCU and hoping to practice what I read.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Ch. 7 Filed. Now I wait (Timeshare Question)

Welcome to the foums. Your lawyer knows best with all the paperwork that was filed in the BK court. Every detail on how your district courts work. Your lawyer knows. You'll really know once the MOC happens. If theres value. The trustee could sell them to pay your debts depending on how much they are worth. Not blowing you off. Your lawyer already knows your file and what may/may not happen. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

If the trustee thinks there is any value they will absolutely look at selling them.  Check out redweek resales and see what the resale value is.  Just get your head around them being sold (I doubt you can exempt the value of 3 of them) and then cross your fingers.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I will not be upset if/when I lose them. They were gifted as a family was trying to get out after 17 years with them. They are the least of my worries! 

Message 4 of 5
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

If not exempt the Trustee will most likely sell the timeshares. Here is just one way such items are marketed:

https://www.bkassets.com/category/on-sale-soon/timeshares/

Des.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.