Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch 7 Filed Today

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Ch 7 Filed Today

Our case was filed today. Is there anything I can do now to start the rebuilding process or do I have to wait until discharge?

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: Ch 7 Filed Today

Which banks are you burning in your bankruptcy?
Message 2 of 15
MrChairman
Established Contributor

I assume it wouldn't be smart to open a secured card with USAA?

USAA
Discover

Cap1

Barclays

BoA

Synchrony 

AMEX

Chase

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

I would guess USAA wouldn't let you due to filing against them. Even with a secured card they might deny due to no longer "trusting" you.

I would get an OpenSky secured card. No credit checks so no inquiries on your credit reports.
Message 4 of 15
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I don't think that USAA would be a good option.

You are basically going to have to start over, from scratch - with the sub-primie lenders. There are a number of sub-prime lenders who will give you an extremely low SL card - for an AF of $75.00, but I never had a Ch 7 - although I did have a foreclosure. I was able to get the sub-prime cards about 8 months after foreclosure. I never had a secured card. I figured the AFs that I paid for the low limit sub-prime cards were my cost to restore my credit. I did well with them. I wish you very best of luck!

Message 5 of 15
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

When did you charge off your Capital One?

If it has been 13 months from CHARGE OFF they will let you back in with at least a secured card

But if you have a late card or current card and was discharged in bankrucpy *never showed as charged off it will take aprox 6-13 months from bankruptcy discharge

Message 6 of 15
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Also wait until you are DISCHARGED before seeking any more credit...
You can do a self-lender or a Share Secured Loan or even OpenSky

Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

+1!!!!!!! Wait at least a few months after DC. Best advice my lawyer gave me. Dont look desparate before the DC!. of course JMHO.....good luck. Let one door close before you open another.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you look into getting a secured card with usaa? Curious myself as I burned them in mine. I filed three days before you. 😉
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife burned usaa and they were the only one that wasn’t a subprime to approve for a secured card. She burned them for a decent chunk of change too I think like 20k.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.