Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch13 BK Finally Gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ch13 BK Finally Gone!

After disappearing from my EQ and EX CR's over the previous 2 - 3 months, my Ch13 BK aged off my TU CR about two weeks ago.  In March when the BK was still present, my FICO scores were:  EQ 692, TU 711, EX ?.  This morning they are:  EQ 716, TU 785, EX ?.  I'm not sure why the TU score jump was so significant, but hey, I'll take it.  Note that there is still a chargeoff weighing down the EQ FICO.  With the record of the BK finally gone, a huge weight has been lifted, and I just wanted to share my experience with this stage of the BK aging process.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ch13 BK Finally Gone!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice - congrats on your rebuilding.

I think the TU is pretty much in line with what can be expected if you've been building your credit post BK.  And I would guess that your EQ will be in the same neighborhood when the chargeoff is no longer weighing it down.

Thanks for sharing - what a super feeling that must be!  Congrats again!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You made it!!  What a hurdle you've accomplished and certainly not an easy one!  Your hard work and persistence has a happy ending.  My congrats to you. 

I look forward to sending the same email to this forum at some point.

Message 4 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!!  Your pre BK fall off scores are almost identical to my current scores.  I also have one negative BK account on EQ and EX as well.  I hope I get a similiar jump when my BK falls off!!!

Thanks for sharing!

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! =D

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many years after discharge did this occur?

I am sitting at 6 years and 8 months since Chapter 13 discharge and am looking forward to it being gone.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How many years after discharge did this occur?

I am sitting at 6 years and 8 months since Chapter 13 discharge and am looking forward to it being gone.

So close!  What a great holiday gift (maybe even an early holiday gift) you've got in store - woot-woot!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.