Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch7 BK and Job Search

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Ch7 BK and Job Search

Anyone have any issues getting a job after a Ch7 BK?  

5 REPLIES 5
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Ch7 BK and Job Search

I've yet to run in to an opportunity that require a credit check so no I have not personally.  I'm sure it does happen, but that depends upon the career opportunity.

Message 2 of 6
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Filed for BK back in 2010 and I have no issue getting a job as a law enforcement (yay me, in with a big department now) even with the BK on file. Much of it depends on why you filed and if you learned from your past mistake(s).
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied to several sr mgt positions and had two of them request permission to run traces on my SS#, but it was not credit checks.  They were checking my locations and that they correlated with my resume.  Not sure what all they learned about me by doing that but the Bankruptcy was never brought up by them.  I brought it up on the second interview with two companies.  Explained to them what happened and why and one of them offered me a position.  The other went with a local candidate so they say.

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I believe you will be fine. If it ever comes up in a discussion, then you can be very brief about the circumstances, and move on.

Unless you're getting a job in the financial world, I don't think it will be a big deal. But, more than likely it will/could come up in a comprehensive background report. If asked about it, just keep it simple and brief.

Message 5 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Yes. I disclosed my chapter 7 bankruptcy when interviewer told me about it. It was a non-issue because I got the job.  

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.