Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chap 13 trustee made late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chap 13 trustee made late payments

We are awaiting the discharge paper from a chapter 13. We have gone over our credit reports and see that several creditors were paid late, which is resulting in deragotory marks. The most serious one is a camper, which we voluntarily surrendered. We were just told by doing so, it became an unsecured creditor, and was moved low on the list. This has resulted in 2 years of late payments. A huge problem.  How can this be done legally? We know a bankruptcy is a bad mark, but these sort of late payments are not acceptable. We have a 100% on time payment record with the trustee. Help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Chap 13 trustee made late payments

Wow, what a horrible situation. I just wanted to welcome you to the boards and get this post bumped up for you. Hopefully one of the people with BK13 knowledge will chime in for you.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We are awaiting the discharge paper from a chapter 13. We have gone over our credit reports and see that several creditors were paid late, which is resulting in deragotory marks. The most serious one is a camper, which we voluntarily surrendered. We were just told by doing so, it became an unsecured creditor, and was moved low on the list. This has resulted in 2 years of late payments. A huge problem.  How can this be done legally? We know a bankruptcy is a bad mark, but these sort of late payments are not acceptable. We have a 100% on time payment record with the trustee. Help!

That sucks.  I would be just as upset as you.  Have you spoken with your attorney or the creditor? I would think that the creditor would remove all of the late pays considering the circumstances.  I would contact the creditor first and if no luck there I would contact your ch. 13 attorney.  If all else fails, then I would probably try to dispute it with the credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you got your BK13 payment in on time to the Trustee, its the trustee's fault for the late payments being delivered to the creditors.

Contact your attorney and tell him/her what happened and he/she can advise you. Im sorry for your situationSmiley Sad

Welcome to the forums as well.....feel free to post anytime, lots of folks are always around to help.
Message 4 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Are your creditor's not showing your accounts as Included in bankruptcy? Typically, even on a 13, the accounts are listed as Included in bankruptcy. Usually they won't report a positive payment history once you file.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, much appreciated. Received the discharge today. My hope is that will help clear things up. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.