cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chap. 7 Discharge in 9 days - What are my chances of an Auto Loan Approval?

tag
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Chap. 7 Discharge in 9 days - What are my chances of an Auto Loan Approval?

The time is winding down and I'll finally be discharged on July 9th.

I'm wanting to ask of my chances for an auto loan approval. Right now everything on my credit report shows zero balance. Many of the credit files that were included in the bankruptcy have now been deleted. My starting fico 8 scores from April 2018 were EX: 475, TRANS: 506, EQ: 479. My current fico 8 scores as of today are EX: 613, TRANS: 622, EQ: 615. After my 413 meeting in May I applied and was approved for a Captiol One Platnum with a limit of $300. I also applied and was approved for a Discover IT secure card at $500 limit. I currently stand at $0.00 in debt with an income of $110,000 annual.

With all of this being shared, what are my chances of approval for an auto loan post discharge? I've read many have been approved throuch capitol one for $40K which is roughly what I'm shooting for. I've also read some having success with Pen Fed while others havent.

With the two credit cards and hopefully a car loan I plan to garden for 12 months.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chap. 7 Discharge in 9 days - What are my chances of an Auto Loan Approval?

Carvana approved me at 7% on same day of discharge (they use Bridgecrest) but you have to purchase from them.

I had no luck with Capital One or Penfed.

Message 2 of 5
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I've played with the carvana sight and they're forcasting me at 20% apr with insane downpayments. The downpayments have been in the ballpark of 50% or just below of the total price of the car.

I'm now 7 days until discharge and browing options. I burned NFCU so they're out of the question. I joined PenFed yesterday so I think it maybe too early. My fingers are crossed for an approval with Cap one.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that’s strange. I had gotten the 7.6% up to 75months with $0 down. Try doing the prequalify once the discharge is in.
Message 4 of 5
AJR1
Contributor

I was discharged 6/22/2018

I got a Capital One Quicksilver - 1000(CL)

My FICO 8 scores as of 7/1/2018

Equifax -570

TU - 507

Experian - 580

I kept my mortgage and 2 car loans(Paying all 3 ontime)

My car lease matured 6/30/2018

So I went to the dealer to see options and was able to turn lease into a loan with AMERICREDIT @ 12.9 - 0 Down

Payments are about what I was paying as a lease 

Starting everything is the hard part - Good luck

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.