Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chap 7 Petition To Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chap 7 Petition To Discharge

Is there a difference in scoring once a petition changes to a discharge? Most of my balances have already reflected a $0 balance just by filing the petition. I didn’t know if one is better than the other on FICO. Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chap 7 Petition To Discharge

Once you recieve your DC. It can take up to 30 days for everything to settle down. You'll want to pull your reports and make sure everything states IIB and 0 balance. Then you will see a small score boost since your out of debt. There will be many changes from now until then. Dont freak out. Once it all settles. Then you'll know where your rebuild scores will be at when it comes time to start.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the reply! I have another question as far as utilization. Does an AU account utilization count the same as a responsibility account? Basically, if I have 9% on a 10k AU and 0% on my own account will that maximize my FICO or do I need to add 1-9% on my own account for best score? Thanks again.
Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply! I have another question as far as utilization. Does an AU account utilization count the same as a responsibility account? Basically, if I have 9% on a 10k AU and 0% on my own account will that maximize my FICO or do I need to add 1-9% on my own account for best score? Thanks again.

Swap them. Looks better for you since your the primary holder of your own account. Cool?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I can’t afford to pay off the AU account in full to 0% is is still okay to put 1% on my individual and have two balances reporting? Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
twono
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I can’t afford to pay off the AU account in full to 0% is is still okay to put 1% on my individual and have two balances reporting? Thanks.

The fewer the balances reporting, the better.  Unless you have a card at 80% and you can transfer 40% of it to another card.  2 balances reporting under 50% is better than a maxed out card reporting, which is 75% or higher in most instances.

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@twono wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The fewer the balances reporting, the better.  Unless you have a card at 80% and you can transfer 40% of it to another card.  2 balances reporting under 50% is better than a maxed out card reporting, which is 75% or higher in most instances.

Your close dude. Over 89% is maxed. Next lower threshold is 69%.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the bankruptcy court will notify all creditors of the discharge and then the creditors update to the bureaus? I’m due to discharge Friday.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.