Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Discharge

tag
jamesac2
Established Member

Chapter 13 Discharge

I completed my Chapter 13 Discharge and received the papers. I guess I need to pull all my credit reports and  reveiw them. What exactly should I have my credit report to reflect with sending in a discharge? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Discharge

Hi james,

Give them a few weeks to update your CR.  I can't remember how much time ours took to show up.

I'm not sure if I understand your question exactly (sorry Smiley Sad)  Your CH 13 will now say discharged and will report the date filed as well as the closing date.  7 years after the filing date, it will "age" off your standard credit report.

All accounts included in the BK should reflect a 0 balance.  There should be no delinquencies reported on these accounts after the BK filing date.  Most often, these accounts are flagged as "IIB" (included in bankruptcy) or as "Wage Earner Plan" (another term for CH 13 bankruptcy).

Congrats on completing your CH 13!  Most folks don't make it through a CH 13 BK - so kudos to you for your hard work!!!!

Now on to the adventure of rebuilding!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried numerous times with Experien, they state a creditor can report deliquent status all the way up to discharge date. Considering I was not late one time until the date of filing, and still kept many accounts current.. Experien has gone in an charge-offed my 6 iib accounts on the date of discharge..

I have spoken to supervisor after supervisor, they all say creditors can report delequencies until DISHCARGE not FILING. 

Anyone have statue that supports this either way..  My bk was in 2005. And many of my accounts have been aged and riddled with errors, such as my mortgage being paid in full, but shows KD.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried numerous times with Experien, they state a creditor can report deliquent status all the way up to discharge date. Considering I was not late one time until the date of filing, and still kept many accounts current.. Experien has gone in an charge-offed my 6 iib accounts on the date of discharge..

I have spoken to supervisor after supervisor, they all say creditors can report delequencies until DISHCARGE not FILING. 

Anyone have statue that supports this either way..  My bk was in 2005. And many of my accounts have been aged and riddled with errors, such as my mortgage being paid in full, but shows KD.

Thanks powes,

Yes, that is my understanding, or at least my experience, as well.  What I was trying to say in my post, and perhaps not very clearly, is after a BK discharge is reported (as in the OP's case), the credit report should not show any delinquencies after the BK filing date.  (At least for all those accounts that were IIB).

Hope I wasn't, once again, clear as mud.  Smiley Wink  And thanks for the clarifying comments.  Always better to have several brain cells functioning on any given item.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

beamMEup

Yes , I believe that is both our understanding.. But experien does not agreee. So to fight this, bankrupcty code would need to be clarified and then to sent to higher ups @ Experien to further confrim..

And of course, requesting that they be recorded while stating this is their policy would be helpful.

Hopefully a crdit attorney would have the right info for this dileman.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.