Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Discharged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Discharged

We received our discharge on 3/9/19. 14 days after our attorneys filed the motion. Now we are 68 days awaiting closing! Apparently discharge is not the final status. The green light is when your status on public record reads closed.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the discharge, I'm 2yrs and about 6 days post discharge and its a great feeling.  My BK just dropped off of my public credit report a few days ago so what a relief.  Im consistantly building my score back up and Equ 725, Trans 710 Exper 708. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I have DiscoverIT 4800CL, AmexCash 7800 and CapOne 2500, Im using them only to pay bills/utilities and then paying off in full each month so that they keep increasing the CL.  Good luck in your journey!!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your discharge...I have a question about the process...

I am gettting ready to go through discharge in the next couple of months. NDC shows 100 percent of my unsecured debt paid, but my plan base is $3000.00 short of funded.

What is the process like going through discharge, I am getting nervous about what happens in the discharge hearing?

My lawyer is very hard to reach and does not like anyone questioning him, although he only charged us a third of other clients, due to the fact he felt some compassion for me, as I attempted to Pro Se my chapter 13, and the judge was not really happy about it...

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your discharge...I have a question about the process...

I am gettting ready to go through discharge in the next couple of months. NDC shows 100 percent of my unsecured debt paid, but my plan base is $3000.00 short of funded.

What is the process like going through discharge, I am getting nervous about what happens in the discharge hearing?

My lawyer is very hard to reach and does not like anyone questioning him, although he only charged us a third of other clients, due to the fact he felt some compassion for me, as I attempted to Pro Se my chapter 13, and the judge was not really happy about it...

You shouldn't have to go back to court for your discharge.  However, once you fully pay your plan amount, your trustee will review the case, and if all is good, issue a final report.  From that point, the court reviews the report and issues a discharge decree.

For us, that process took awhile.  We made our last payment on March 1st.  The trustee issued the final report on May 8th.  The court issued our discharge on July 8th.

Message 14 of 15
1Rebuilding
New Contributor

Congrats!  Capital One was awesome to work with after my discharge.  If they accept your CC application immediately try another card on the same day.  They won't ding your credit with 2 separate hard pulls.  I put everything on the card and paid it off a few times a month.  The quickly raised my limit before I could ask a few times throughout the year.  Good luck!  I'm 4 years post discharge, bought a house 2.5 years ago, scores in the 800's, a new car, and I was just approved on a unsecured loan at a low APR in minutes.  Life will get better!

Discharged Chapter 13 late 5/15. Starting my rebuild:
7/28/15 Fico 8: EQ 567-Trans 534-Ex 542-----8/28/15 Fico 8: EQ 632-Trans 622-EX 625
9/25/15 Fico 8 EQ 663-Trans 634-EX 645-----12/9/15 Fico 8: EQ 673-Trans 654-EX 663
2/17/16 Fico 8: EQ 670-Trans 658-EX 676-----3/4/16 Fico 8: EQ 686-Trans 667-EX 686
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.