Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

@tpdtopcop wrote:
It is nice to finally find this thread. I’m three years into a five year bk 13 and was wondering on who will approve a secured card during an open bk 13. I was denied for a citi secured and won’t know why until my denial letter. Was going to try for NFCU, Wells Fargo Secured, US Bank, or BofA secured. Would like to know if anyone got approved of those cards?

You were denied for the Citi secured because of BK. For the secured card you need to be 2 years post BK. It’s in the second paragraph of the “learn more” on the secured card page on citi website.

To receive a Citi® Secured Mastercard® you must meet our credit qualification criteria for this card, which includes our review of your income and your debt. If approved, your security deposit must be equal to your credit limit. You must not have any bankruptcy history within the last two years.

Message 31 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Not sure if it ha been mentioned already, but Target will approve you with an open 13 as I currently have a Target card.  Commenity Bank is another one a well.  I was able to obtain a Overstock and Aeropostale card with them.  

Message 32 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Guess I should have read a little more!
Current Scores

Message 33 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is enough interest I can either edit post #1 with success stories or we can keep this thread going with individual success stories. 

For my case

Filed:27 December 2017 

Approved: Open Sky Secured (No Credit Check) 28 December 2018

Scores: Eq: 600, TU: 532, Ex: 540. No baddies ever so maybe that’s how they’re “decent”. 

Goal: NFCU Secured (after established relationship) and 1 other card based on others success stories. Then garden until discharge December 2022. Yes, I have approval permitting I don’t carry more than $500 in balances across all sources. 

Burned in filing: BOA, Citi, Capital One, Chase; Discover, Synchrony, USAA

Message 34 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always wanted a target card.

Message 35 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

My rule was also nothing over $5,000 dollars. Va seems very lenient on BK compared to other states I have been reading about. 

Message 36 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard BofA is very  very stric. I would not dare try and attempt them !!!

Message 37 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes !! We need to get a much better group with ch. 13. When I first filed there was nothing for Ch.13 here. It has improved with the amount of data but it is a ways to go.

Message 38 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am with you. Any progress with mine that I have I will share. Both negative and positive.

Message 39 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Go for the Target card.  I love having mine for household products.  I actually have to go to Target today.

Message 40 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.