Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

Is there a certain score needed for Target?  I'm thinking about getting the Debit card.  Love Target!

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 41 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Most sites say 620 or better, but I'm less than that so I was able to get in.  YMMV, if you can spare a HP I say go for it.

Message 42 of 101
missy42
Regular Contributor

All my credit reports are frozen but maybe in a few years.  I still have 4 years to go so no real rush.  I'll just be glad when it's all over and done!  Thanks for the info!  I've been following this thread.  I agree there needs to be more info for Chapter 13 folks trying to rebuild and just any info.  I'll keep updating as I go through it and hope to learn from others as well!

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 43 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im 100% sure about Penfed.  They are score driven, thats it.  Auto loans, personal loans and CCs, it doesnt matter if you are in an open 13 as long as your scores are above their thresholds.  Im surprised nobody in this thread has "went for it" (applied).

Message 44 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea what the threshold might be? I’ve considered opening accounts with PenFed.
Message 45 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

I can’t remember for sure but I am positive I applied for a Pen fed credit card last year and was denied. Can’t remember the reason tho. I thought it was for the bk. I have been with them checking and savings for over 11 years. I wanna try for Navy secured and have been scared to pull the trigger
Current Scores

Message 46 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me, I want a NFCU Secured but I’ve heard conflicting stories. My plan is to build a history with a Shares Secured Loan and cards from other lenders before attempting.
Message 47 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Just an update for everyone. I am 3 yrs into 5 yr chapter 13. I became a member of NFCU because of there secured credit card. Was hesitant to apply but did anyway. Put $500 in savings and just received email stating I was approved. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Pulled TU- fako 597
Only open account is a unsecured capitol one that is month old with 97% utilization as my payment hasn’t hit yet. So yes NFCU does approve with ongoing Bk13
Current Scores

Message 48 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats!! I can't get Capital One to touch me while I'm in 13.  I

Message 49 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Thanks for sharing on the NFCU Secured. Safe to assume you applied online and then got the favorable response later? How did you get a Capital One Unsecured? I’m not getting anything on the Capital One Pre Qual and a look at their Secured app says no open bankruptcies permitted.
Message 50 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.