Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

I know you should take Credit Karma pre-approvals with a grain of salt but I got an email saying I was pre-approved for the Ollo platinum card today and decided what the heck and app for it and bam approved for $300 limit not much but this will grow hopefully. Im currently 9 months into active CH13 they pulled EXP which is 616 currently. Also I was approved for a US Bank Secured 2 months into CH13 but my banking relationship definetely helped with that approval Im pretty sure my TU was in the toilet. I did have a Cash+  but they closed that when I filed they were not IIB 

Message 71 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s your secret? My starting scores were similar to yours and they haven’t changed much despite adding some positive accounts.
Message 72 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no late payments when I filed just high CCU, also my 2.5 yr Gamestop CC survived my petition somehow which helped with AAOA. A collection account fell off a few months ago I saw a slight increase there. Only Cards I added during CH13 were 2 secured cards and A self lender account for installment loans, and the OLLO card and now Im pretty much in the garden until my CH13 is completed. 

Message 73 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates or any new leads from anyone? 

Message 74 of 101
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if anyone knows of OZK Bank, but their secured credit cards are issued through Firstbankcard/FNBO.  The card is eligible for a credit limit increase without an additional deposit after 7 months (I know of no other secured card that does this) and can graduate in 11 months.  This card can be converted to a regular card after graduating so you keep the age.  Once unsecured, FNBO allows for CLIs every 4 months (if you call in) and this relationship might set one up for other co-branded cards issued by Firstbankcard (i.e. Ducks Unlimited).  Not sure if this is better than Discover, but this card has grew much better than my NFCU secured ( with my CH13).  This is a much better option than CAP 1 secured.

Message 75 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of you getting approved for the secured card with NFCU, did you burn them in that current Ch13? I burned them in my ch13 filed in August of this year, however I'm on a 100% plan. I see my checking and share is still open, any advice?
Message 76 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my first NFCU account after filing CH13. Rumor is you would have to pay NFCU back in full before obtaining any new credit products from them.

Message 77 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm another Ollo success story. Today I was approved for the Ollo Rewards with a SL of $1,800. I plan to cancel my Open Sky and Credit One at the year mark just prior to the annual fee and because they've served their rebuild purpose. Does anyone know if being an authorized user applies to the 3 revolving FICO boost? I plan to garden with only my NFCU and Ollo until CH13 discharge 3+ years from now, but can be an authorized user on an account if it will help.

Dec 2018 Open Sky secured ($250)

Jan 2019 Credit One unsecured (SL $400 with CLI to $550 after first statement)

Feb 2019 NFCU secured ($250 with graduation/CLI to $2,000 after fifth statement)

Oct 2019 Ollo unsecured (SL $1,800)

Message 78 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I was able to get a Macys card, $300 SL, but I've read on here you can request a SP CLI every 31 days with them.  I'm in the garden for 2 years until my 13 is done.  Hopefully, my NFCU card unsecures after the 5th statement(December of this year).

Message 79 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80 - has your Macy's card grown any?

Message 80 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.