Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

BTW. I burnd no major banks in BK. Thankfully I never did get a chance to have a major credit card. I believe this will all work out in my favor 7 years from now.

Message 21 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck to you in your Ch13 Journey and congrats on the start of your rebuild. My rebuild is off to a slow start but I'm okay taking it slow. So far I have a savings secured loan going with NFCU, Open Sky secured, and I was just approved for an auto loan with Carvana. Yes, I had Trustee approval for all. Next step for me is hopefully a NFCU secured card in 6 months once I have established/positive reporting and the savings secured loan is paid off. Ch7 may be the preferred method to some, but I'm grateful for the discipline that a Ch13 is teaching me.

Message 22 of 101
BGinVA
Contributor

I just got an Ollo with an $1800 limit for my first attempt at credit (besides my Open Sky which doesn't check credit reports) 15 months into a 60 month Chapter 13.  My scores are actually about the same place they were before I filed, mid to high 600's because my utilization was so high before the Chapter 13, now its like nothing.  For the record also, I've seen it stated here several times about having to have Trustee permission to apply for credit, each court and Trustee is different, so read your papers and ask your lawyer if you don't understand.  My rules are that I can't go into debt for a cumulative amount over $5,000 without Trustee approval, having available credit does not count towards that debt, just what I am acutally indebted for, so check your paperwork everyone and move forward as you can.  

Message 23 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you receive an offer for the Ollo? See it on Credit Karma? 

Message 24 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

It is nice to finally find this thread. I’m three years into a five year bk 13 and was wondering on who will approve a secured card during an open bk 13. I was denied for a citi secured and won’t know why until my denial letter. Was going to try for NFCU, Wells Fargo Secured, US Bank, or BofA secured. Would like to know if anyone got approved of those cards?
Current Scores

Message 25 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Are you sure on PenFed? I have been a member with them for 15yrs and I don’t believe they will approve with an open bk13?
Current Scores

Message 26 of 101
BGinVA
Contributor

I originally got an offer in the mail in December saying I was preapproved for a $700 limit.  I had never heard of Ollo as I hadn't been around these boards for a while.  In early January I checked into the Myfico community after having been gone for several years and read some good stuff about Ollo so decided I'd accept the $700 preapproved offer, but it had expired at the end of December.  So I followed a link somebody else posted on this board that basically prequalifies you for cards you are likely to be approved for and Ollo was at the top of the list, so I pulled the trigger and was intantly approved for $1800, much better than the $700 offer I had received in the mail.  

Message 27 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so scary though. I've seen so many people say they wony touch you with a ch 13. My scores suck I wont lis. I'm just so ready to just stick my foot in the door.
Message 28 of 101
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

It would be nice to get a database going for people who are in a chapter 13 to show which secured credit cards they were able be approved for. Which includes how many years into the bk 13 with scores.
Current Scores

Message 29 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed and that was my hope, to keep this thread alive with Chapter 13 card success stories. 

Message 30 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.