Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 Friendly Credit Cards

Coreyb80

Once I became a member ( my dad served), I was later offered to invite other family members.  I am not saying it’s guaranteed but maybe a possible in if you have family with a membership.  Good luck!!

Message 61 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on everyone else’s success, I applied for and was approved for the NFCU secured. Off to the garden until discharge.
Message 62 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this a data point or not. Checked Capital One prequel but had no offers. Cold applied for the secured and was instantly denied but they did a hard pull on all 3 bureaus. I did burn Capital One in my 13 on 2 cards for about $7,500. I only cold app’d to see if I would get the typical instant denial without any hard pull as if I were blacklisted. Filed in 2017 so it would be beyond the rumored 1 year charge off.
Message 63 of 101
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im 100% sure about Penfed.  They are score driven, thats it.  Auto loans, personal loans and CCs, it doesnt matter if you are in an open 13 as long as your scores are above their thresholds.  Im surprised nobody in this thread has "went for it" (applied).

They told me over the phone AT LEAST 650. I even asked for a reconsideration or 2nd look but they said my scores too low (I am CHP 7 by the way, 2016)

Message 64 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get trustee approval? 

Message 65 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Got my letter in the mail from Cap One and the only reason for the denial was a non-discharged bankruptcy.  I'll try again when I'm done with my 13.

Message 66 of 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80 wrote:

Go for the Target card.  I love having mine for household products.  I actually have to go to Target today.

Hey Corey, thank you for the update. Do you remember what your scores were at the time you were approved? I am 1 year and 3 months into my chp13. 

Message 67 of 101
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

In my last month of BK13.  Opened a secured card with NFCU in Oct 17.  It graduated in Feb 2018 with a CLI to $2K.  Despite decent EQ FICO 9 scores (709) and low util., I could not get a CLI so I stopped trying after Nov 2018.  Latest statement cut with a CLI to $3K (current score on NFCU is 704).

Message 68 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

Go for the Target card.  I love having mine for household products.  I actually have to go to Target today.

Hey Corey, thank you for the update. Do you remember what your scores were at the time you were approved? I am 1 year and 3 months into my chp13. 

At the time I believe I was a little north of 600.  I just used the card to purchase a Keurig last week. I'm trying to work my way to a CLI since I've heard that boost sometimes after 3 months.

Message 69 of 101
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Yeliaba1 wrote:

Coreyb80

Once I became a member ( my dad served), I was later offered to invite other family members.  I am not saying it’s guaranteed but maybe a possible in if you have family with a membership.  Good luck!!

Thanks for the info.  A friend of mine is a member and I was able to obtain membership last night because of him.  I'll try for the secured card soon.  Don't wanna jump the gun just yet.

Message 70 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.