Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 and Student Loans Status on Reports

tag
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 and Student Loans Status on Reports

I am nearing the end of my Ch 13 plan and I'd like to get my reports accurate.

My EX report shows all of my federal student loans (I have many) as "Debit Included in or discharged through bankruptcy".  

However, my EQ shows nearly all of them as "Pays account as agreed" but show 120+ lates from Dec 2012 to March 2013.  

TU shows "Wage erner or similar plan".  

Here is the crazy part, my EQ is my highest score @ 638 followd by TU @ 602 and EX @ 621.  

I just opend some 3 new credit cards and those will be reporting soon, which I assume will increase my scores some.  

My questions are:

1) If I have EQ and TU update to show "IIB" will it raise my score even more?  Why is my EQ showing highest?  They all look similar on whats listed.

2) Should all my student loans be showing a balance of 0?

3) Are they allows to post that I have a 120+ days late or a balance on any of my reports since I filed BK?

4) Some of the student loan accounts show as Sally Mae but some show as Dept of Ed/Navient.  Those were transferred from Sally Mae to Navient as I recall.  Since I think they are the same account should they be listed twice?

I hope my questions make sense and someone can help.  I want to get my reports accurate but I'm a little afraid that since my EQ score is highest that if I update anything related to the student loans it may hurt my score instead of help it.  Does that make sense?

Thank you in advance!

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.