cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 bankruptcy

tag
meka1922

Chapter 13 bankruptcy

I am needing more responses to my concerns.....I am getting very discouraged and need help and ppl that have went through a chapter 13 and had great results.

Please send me feedback

Thanks

Hello

I am 2 months away from being done with my chapter 13 bankruptcy and have so many questions.....will my credit score go up? I have a car loan outside of bankruptcy and i owe 8000 left on it with 130000 miles and now in need of a new car, trustee approved me to get a new car but cant get approved due to miles and money owed still on loan. Will i be in better shape once out of the bankruptcy? Will I be able to get credit again? lots of questions....very nervous and scared

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chapter 13 bankruptcy

@meka1922 wrote:

I am needing more responses to my concerns.....I am getting very discouraged and need help and ppl that have went through a chapter 13 and had great results.

Please send me feedback

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

Don't worry, you are very close to discharge now - two months will go by in a heartbeat. Smiley Happy

Just so you are aware, this is a volunteer board and you posted at 5:30 am the morning after Valentines Day....there are not as many people that come on that early. Don't stress. There will be answers. It just make take a little longer for people to get on the board this weekend as there are actually two holidays - Valentines Day and President's Day.

Use the search feature for Ch 13's and you will see that people can and do recover quite quickly after discharge.

Message 2 of 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 bankruptcy

I say this all the time, but are you absolutely sure you need a new car?  You only have 130K miles on whatever your driving and most cars nowadays can go 200K or more with basic maintenence.

If you must get a new car, please search for "used car" in these forums and read some of the recent threads - the middle class shouldn't be buying "new".  Also, you owe $8K, but you didn't say what your car is currently worth.  KBB it for trade-in value.

Finally, whether you get new or used, wait a while or do it right now, don't finance through the dealer... go to a credit union, bank or CapitalOne auto finance.  In my experience, dealer-finance people are great at getting people w/ BKs financed but since they make money based on how much they can screw you, they rarely (if ever) are looking out for your interests.

Good luck,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.