Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 credit card reporting.

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 credit card reporting.

Quick question on credit cards reporting to CRA’s. I had five credit cards included in my bk13. I receive every six months a disbursements report and all the credit cards included in bk13 show they were sold to collections. Now my question is how can the credit card companies update my credit reports when I dispute if they sold the account to a collection bureau?
Current Scores

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 credit card reporting.

I am not too well known with Chapter 13, but typically in this instance you're file will have Chapter 13 Protection on it so any exisiting debt will go under this.

Message 2 of 4
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Anyone?
Current Scores

Message 3 of 4
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

CC debt is normally not part of a chapter 13 payment plan. They can claim and if they did, you should be able to log into the trustee website and see if they are listed under the unsecured section of the accounts. They should not be able to sell the debt regardless. If they are not listed as one of the creditors that will get something, I would just put your lawyer on it. This type of thing is why you paid them.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.