Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 discharge to close.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 discharge to close.

My husband and I recently received our discharge papers. About 2 weeks after We applied for a home improvement loan. We were denied because experience reports us as in an “active” bankruptcy. My question is when the case status shows closed will our reports reflect that? We can reapply in 30 days Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for on the Experian report?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WD2005
Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 discharge to close.

Did you ask for a recon and offer a copy of your discharge? Mine hit the the CRA's within a week. I was discharged on 3/13 and case was closed on 4/12. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on DC.  Still waiting for our papers.

In Experian, you check the Public Records section to see how your BK is reporting.  It may take time to update with discharge info.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah its still showing open on your credit report.  Thats all.  That will take some time to update.  Probably not more than a month or two.  Everyone always says 90 days, but thats not right.  Maybe 30 years ago when paper had to be mailed out.  Nowadays creditors and the like have instant access to make updates to your credit report.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The CRA's get their BK reports from a third party that check court records. The courthouse doesnt report it to the CRA's.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.