Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 dropped from my reports

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Chapter 13 dropped from my reports

Hello folks,

I haven't been around much lately but I thought I'd update y'all on my scores when my Chapter 13, which was filed in February of 2015, fell off my credit reports this month.  As some of y'all might recall, I've been wondering/hoping my scores would bump up into the mid-700 range when this event took place, but quite honestly, I was not prepared for how much they rose.

Cutting to the chase here, my October 2021 scores (the most recent month I didn't have atypical activity causing points penalties) ranged from a low of 688 (EX FICO 8) to a high of 749 (EQ FICO 9); my new scores, which reported today, are above 800 across the board!  My biggest gainer was my EX Bank 8 score which shot up from 709 to 848, a gain of 139 points.

The two most talked about score sets did the following:

• Mortage 5, 4, 2:
    • EQ: 715 -> 802
    • TU: 725 -> 806
    • EX: 734 -> 817
  • FICO 8:
    • EQ: 709 -> 835
    • TU: 734 -> 815
    • EX: 688 -> 817

So here's the thing; those scores are so high it has me wondering if the proverbial "other shoe" is going to drop and I'm going to change score cards from "Dirty" to "Clean" and see a significant drop back to the mid-700s like I've been expecting all along.

Long story short, it has been very encouraging to see, at least a temporary bump in my scores, and I'm hoping this post gives y'all suffering through a Chapter 13 enough encouragement to see it through to the end.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 dropped from my reports

A few other data points:

• I currently have only 3 credit cards with a total of just over $14,000 in credit limits
    • The two oldest are over a year old, the youngest will hit 1-year in March
  • My cards typically report a small sub $100 balance on one or two of them, but I have hit All Zero from time to time.
  • I currently have a $3,000 PenFed SSL paid down to about $250 with the next due date in May of 2024
  • I've had about 20 hard pulls in the last 24 months but only have 2 hard pulls in the last 12 months, and both of them will be a year old in March.
  • Even though my monthly reported balances top out in the $50 to $100 range, I typically run between $2,500 and $5,000 per month through my cards.
Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the BK dropping from your reports and the score boosts !  Smiley Very Happy

Unless you have any other derogatory items on your reports I wouldn't be surprised if your scores remain relatively stable, especially with low levels of revolving utilization. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats on the BK dropping from your reports and the score boosts !  Smiley Very Happy

Unless you have any other derogatory items on your reports I wouldn't be surprised if your scores remain relatively stable, especially with low levels of revolving utilization. 

Thanks @pizzadude!

No derogatory items at all.  The only latent item on any of my reports is the VW Credit loan for my wife's car; it was never paid late and was ultimately paid in full during the summer of 2016; now suddenly it is showing up on EX as a current loan with about $3,000 remaining to be paid and a monthly payment of $426.  Very strange.  The thing is, I'm disinclined to "poke the bear", so if it stays around for a while, so be it.

Message 4 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's good to hear, it sounds like you're in great shape then.   I agree, I wouldn't worry about that auto loan as it will probably correct itself sometime in the future. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 12
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

Hello folks,

I haven't been around much lately but I thought I'd update y'all on my scores when my Chapter 13, which was filed in February of 2015, fell off my credit reports this month.  As some of y'all might recall, I've been wondering/hoping my scores would bump up into the mid-700 range when this event took place, but quite honestly, I was not prepared for how much they rose.

Cutting to the chase here, my October 2021 scores (the most recent month I didn't have atypical activity causing points penalties) ranged from a low of 688 (EX FICO 8) to a high of 749 (EQ FICO 9); my new scores, which reported today, are above 800 across the board!  My biggest gainer was my EX Bank 8 score which shot up from 709 to 848, a gain of 139 points.

The two most talked about score sets did the following:

• Mortage 5, 4, 2:
    • EQ: 715 -> 802
    • TU: 725 -> 806
    • EX: 734 -> 817
  • FICO 8:
    • EQ: 709 -> 835
    • TU: 734 -> 815
    • EX: 688 -> 817

So here's the thing; those scores are so high it has me wondering if the proverbial "other shoe" is going to drop and I'm going to change score cards from "Dirty" to "Clean" and see a significant drop back to the mid-700s like I've been expecting all along.

Long story short, it has been very encouraging to see, at least a temporary bump in my scores, and I'm hoping this post gives y'all suffering through a Chapter 13 enough encouragement to see it through to the end.

Ummm.....hold on.  Gotta go pick up my jaw.  It hit the floor - rather quickly!

D.U.D.E!!!!  Holy Toledo!  Congrats.  If anyone needs a "just trust the process, be consistent, be honest" message, here it is!  Signed, sealed, and delivered.

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Horseshoez ! Nice to see. Counting down my 3 yr 7 month clock from my 7.

Message 7 of 12
OldWhiskey78

Congratulations! That is awesome to hear! I am six months out from my Chapter 13 being dropped. Can't wait to get this over with! 

Message 8 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah @Horseshoez congrats on that my friend. That is a serious bump. I'm nit surprised given your datapoints tho. You're killing it... which is pretty much what over 800 scores mean 😉

Message 9 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I've also never read of rebucketing happening at a different time than the event/s that triggered it. Now some may not initially know what that event is up front, however they always coincide. Awesome stuff my friend.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.