Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 removal from Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 removal from Credit Report

I just got the "My Fico" service and 2 of my credit reports arte stating that my Chapter 13 will be removed 1-2019.  What kind of impact can I expect on my credit report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 removal from Credit Report

Hi and welcome!

Impact depends on your rebuild, overall util reporting, etc... we can't really ballpark it for you if we have no data to go off of.
-List your current FICO scores
-List you current open revolving acts w/ their bal/CL
-any lates or baddies since you filed for BK13?
-any loans reporting?

we need an overall snapshot. In general, once the BK is removed from your reports, depending how the rest of your reports look, folks see anywhere from a 20-100 pt increase. Lots of factors play into that.

You will be rebucketed to a different credit/fico bucket once its removed, and depending on how the rest of your credit reports looks, depends on the type of good or bad bucket again.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8

Equifax- 655

Transunion- 626

Experian-  618

Capitol 1 Platinum- $3000 limit $220 balance

Capitol 1 quick silver- $500 limit 0 balance

Sams Club Sync - $500 w/ 0 balance

JC Penny $500 w/ 0 balance

Bank Of America Mortgage - $68,000 balance

My Credit union car loan- $38,000

Authorized user on

Discover- $7000 w/ $200 balance

Mercury (used to be Barclay) $4000 w/ $300 balance

Both My wifes cards

March will be 24 months with no lates and Chapter 13 will be off in January.

I had a few other Syncrony store cards but the were closed because i never used

Im also hoping the new scoring system will be benificial to me since I have a healthy savings and checking 

Message 3 of 4
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

What are the lates? If they are more than 30 days, then it may mute your gains. What other baddies are on your report?  If the BK is scheduled to fall in January, you can get them removed now with an EE request. TU will do one 6 months out, EX 3 months, and EQ 1 month, so you are in the range where you can request that they go ahead and exclude it from your reports and you will be able to see within a few days what type of gain you are going to get.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.