Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13

tag
nineironkitty
Established Member

Chapter 13

Has anyone had any luck getting creditors to correctly report Chapter 13?  I've attached the link to the guidelines, I stil have my former mortgage company and a couple of other creditors reporting included in bankrtupcy instead of showing that I not only made the payments but also paid off the debt!  This is killing my credit even 4 years later!

[mod cut] 

What to I do now?  I don't know if my BK attorney would be willing to sue the creditors, I live in a different state now.  I have made late payments on the BK, but  am current and should be completely done in 10 months.  Do I really have to wait for it to be discharged to buy a house???

I had the scores high, but then I got sick without insurance and now have medical bills reporting.  I thought that medical bill collections could no longer be counted toward a credit score as people can't help getting sick (I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis).

mod edit: link was to a bk attorney- not guidelines ~ Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

EQ - 656
EX - 671
TU - 629
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Chapter 13

@nineironkitty wrote:

Has anyone had any luck getting creditors to correctly report Chapter 13?  I've attached the link to the guidelines, I stil have my former mortgage company and a couple of other creditors reporting included in bankrtupcy instead of showing that I not only made the payments but also paid off the debt!  This is killing my credit even 4 years later!

Do I really have to wait for it to be discharged to buy a house???

If the creditor is reporting IIB and it wasn't, maybe try disputing with the CRA?

As far as new credit (house)... talk to your attorney and the trustee.  

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 3
nineironkitty
Established Member

Re: Chapter 13

Yes the ones being reported were IIB.  However, the 1st mortgage was completly caught up and I also paid the payments outside the bankruptcy.  I sold the house 6 months after they were caught up and paid off both mortgages completely.  I wasn't required to pay the 2nd mtg during the bankruptcy as it was scheduled to be "stripped" as the value of the property was less than what I owed when I filed BK13.

Luckily for them, I paid both off and now I am beng totally punished for it.  I don't know how but my credit score dropped 60 points from last October for no reason I can think of.  I've now been in the BK13 for 4 years and I'll be done in 10 months.

EQ - 656
EX - 671
TU - 629
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.