cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bakruptcy dismissed, would like to take it off my record and pay off.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 Bakruptcy dismissed, would like to take it off my record and pay off.

Hi,

I filed Chapter 7 in 2004 but never attended the hearing so the statuts is dismissed. Fortunately I am in a position to pay off my CC loans and have already knocked down two of them. Now what is the procedure to take this dismissed Brakruptcy off my record? Do I have to do it through the attorney or I can do it myself? Also one of the cc balance was included in the bankruptcy and was closed, will that come alive as payable again?

Please help!

Thanks,

dny490
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
raisemyfico800
Established Member

Re: Chapter 7 Bakruptcy dismissed, would like to take it off my record and pay off.

Hi,
I dont think you can remove this from your record, but you could try disputing it through the credit bureaus and see what they come up with. Good Luck.

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 Bakruptcy dismissed, would like to take it off my record and pay off.

Unless your lawyer can do something- a dismissed BK 7 or 13 will be a Public Record for 10 years.

You will not have to pay twice on the accounts-
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was always told that filing bankruptcy is public record. So it doesn't matter if it was dismissed, the information still has to be reported. However, I think this is BS. I think the law should make exceptions for individuals who do not go through with the bankruptcy. No sense in being penalized for something you didn't benefit from. As for your last question. If you have an account that was included in your bankruptcy it is possible that they will contact you again re: this debt. I assume that when the bankruptcy was dismissed, you began getting calls from other creditors re: your debt. This company may not be aware that you did not proceed with the bankruptcy. When they find out, I'm almost certain they will contact you. I know this from experience. I had a dismissed Ch. 7 as well.

Message Edited by canmon on 03-11-2008 09:25 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.