cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Dismissed

tag
scrolljoe

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Dismissed

ok all I have a question. i filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy back in 11-02 I paid the lawyer
like $1300 went to the court house the first time to file. got the court date the whole nine yards. but after that never went back to finish (lawyer never showed up) and never heard from him again.
but it still shows up as Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Dismissed on my credit report.
is there any way to get this removed? I know it will fall off sooner or later but would like it
sooner  any ideas.
myfico now up to 657
thanks joe
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Dismissed

Your BK was dismissed so the information is correct. Takes 10 years for a dismissed BK to be removed from your CR. The same as a Ch 7. Ch 13 stays on for 7 years.
Message 2 of 4
scrolljoe

ok i got that but what I'm saying is that I never got any debt relief. I still had to pay every thing.
i filed sure but never went back to court
thanks
Message 3 of 4
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Joe, sounds like you never withdrew the filing? Regardless of whether or not you went back to court, the court dismissed your filing and your CR was updated to show this information. It doesn't now get deleted from your CR because you never went back to court. Once you filed and never followed through, that was it. Unless it was by mistake, you have to wait the allotted amount of time for it to be removed. You can talk with the CRBs to see if they'll do something to help you, but I highly doubt it. You can definitely try.

The time frame for removal of BKs from CRs are different:

Dismissed (doesn't matter which plan was filed) - 10 years from date of filing
Discharged Ch 7 - 10 years from date of filing
Discharged Ch 13 - 7 years from date of filing

All the best!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.