Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Good Morning,

I currently have $3,000 in CC debt and just had a repo on a car that I owe $25,000 on. 

Car was a 2012 Lincoln MKS.

My income is currently $35,000/yr. How do I know if Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is right for me?

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I live in Orlando, FL.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
redneck18
Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

What is the current status of your cc debt? Only each individual can decide if BK is right for them, preferably with the counsel of an attorney. Would you like your car back? How much would it take to get it back if that is even a possibility? Any other debt? Charge offs, medical, etc.
Message 2 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning,

I currently have $3,000 in CC debt and just had a repo on a car that I owe $25,000 on. 

Car was a 2012 Lincoln MKS.

My income is currently $35,000/yr. How do I know if Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is right for me?

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I live in Orlando, FL.

First I would wait to see what the car is sold for and how much you will end up owing. Are these the only debts you have?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

You are in the middle district of Florida and that particular district has some of the toughest trustees in the entire US.  

So make sure you have a complete list of all of your assets and all of your debt so you can have a detailed, informed discussion with (several) bk attorneys. Do some research on the Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Trustees ....you may be surprised at the lengths to which they go to get funds from you for the creditors. It is just one of the aspects when you are considering filing bankruptcy or not. If you don't have any assets, it's much easier. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.