Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Discharge on 1/4/2023

tag
FergieinPA
Established Member

Chapter 7 Discharge on 1/4/2023

I received my discharge papers this week but I still have 2 creditors that are medical bills that were IIB billing me and threatening collections. 

I know they received notice and I have also sent them notices attached to the bills. 

I have contacted my attorney regarding this and have gotten no response. What is my next step?

I also need auto financing in the near future. How do I start disputing the creditors that havent updated the CRAs. Should I run disputes through the Annual Credit report website or should I start myfico reports? I dont really need the scores atm but would like to pull them before car buying in future. 

Capital One score is currently 680 with Mission Lane and Open sky now reporting (new lines of credit I obtained after filing). 

Chapter 7 - discharge in January 4th, 2023.
Goal 3 lines of credit for both hubby and I and to buy a house in 3 years.

Mrs Fergie:
1. Mission Lane - $1000 cl
2. Open Sky $250 cl secured card
Goal: NFCU, and Discover

Mr. Fergie:
1. Mission Lane $1000 cl
2. Capital One $300 cl
Goal: NFCU secured card, both of us are now members post bk7 discharge. Just have to wait to transfer funds.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Discharge on 1/4/2023

@FergieinPA wrote:

I received my discharge papers this week but I still have 2 creditors that are medical bills that were IIB billing me and threatening collections. 

I know they received notice and I have also sent them notices attached to the bills. 

I have contacted my attorney regarding this and have gotten no response. What is my next step?

I also need auto financing in the near future. How do I start disputing the creditors that havent updated the CRAs. Should I run disputes through the Annual Credit report website or should I start myfico reports? I dont really need the scores atm but would like to pull them before car buying in future. 

Capital One score is currently 680 with Mission Lane and Open sky now reporting (new lines of credit I obtained after filing). 

Just email them a copy of your BK matrix that shows them and/or the debt they are collecting and tell them to remove the collection.   They could update it to show included in BK, but collection agents are only interested in trying to make money.   Advise them they are in violatio of the BK stay and if they do not comply you will have your attorney take further action.   Also, you can file a complaint with the BBB stating you don't owe the money and also a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Board.   They will roll over.   You are worthless to them.    

Message 2 of 6
FergieinPA
Established Member

These are the original creditors. They are not on my credit report and under $500 so I believe it will not show. I filed for bk because I didnt want to deal with being harassed by phone, email, text and mail by creditors. I get notice at least daily by one of these avenues. 

I have called, gave them all bk info (filing date, attorney info, etc) and they claim they never received notice. They are now threatening collections. I will copy the schedule that shows they are included, the filing and discharge paper with a letter asking them to again stop collection attempts. I dont believe they will stop though. 

Mrs Fergie:

Mr. Fergie:
1. Mission Lane $1000 cl
2. Capital One $300 cl
Goal: NFCU secured card, both of us are now members post bk7 discharge. Just have to wait to transfer funds.
Message 3 of 6
hackersmovie
New Contributor

I was DC 3/22 and had a few medical bills/companies continue to try to collect for about 6 months after. What I ended up doing is answering the phone, waiting until they were done speaking and then said: "I filed for BK and this debt was discharged. Please contact my BK attorney (insert name) at (insert phone number and address). Please update your records accordingly."

I still had to do that at least 3 times for one of them before they stopped.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Send in the dispute letters with copies of your BK filing /DC and copies of it reporting.

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/sample-letter-disputing-errors-credit-reports-business-supplied-in... 

Sample letters. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 6
FergieinPA
Established Member

I am surprised there was not much to fix on our credit report. One tl is reporting as a charge off/late. Everything else has updated as it should. Now to see if the medical follows suit and I can breathe a sigh of relief!

Mrs Fergie:

Mr. Fergie:
1. Mission Lane $1000 cl
2. Capital One $300 cl
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.