Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Discharge

tag
Karunch
Contributor

Chapter 7 Discharge

Status                         Begin Date    Time in Status    #     Status Set By
Awaiting Discharge     05/14/2008           73 days              Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded

I am from the Philadelphia suburbs, and my attorney filed my bankruptcy with the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on 04/07/2008..  It has been 73 days since the 341 meeting, and PACER still shows the status as "Awaiting Discharge".  How long does it normally take for the discharge to be granted by the court? 

I thought that I had read somewhere that most people receive their discharge right after the 60th day after their 341 meeting, when creditors no longer can file any claims...  So should I be worried that it's been 73 days?  Or does it sometimes just take the court longer to get around to approving the discharge?  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Discharge

I suspect the courts are swamped  As long as you don't see any objections etc I would give it at least 90 days and then start  calling your attorney or the court.
Message 2 of 5
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Karunch, not to worry. It is 90 days for discharge. And yes, some times the courts are behind and it may take a little while longer (not too long though). It took 90 days from my last payment in my Ch 13 BK plan to get my discharge. I wasn't complaining because the overpayments I got back were a wonderful surprise in addition to my stimulus rebate.
Message 3 of 5
Karunch
Contributor

granny031350 wrote:
I suspect the courts are swamped  As long as you don't see any objections etc I would give it at least 90 days and then start  calling your attorney or the court.

If one of the creditors have filed an objection, would that showup somewhere in PACER?  I've looked in all of the different sections of the PACER information for my case, and I don't see anything about any objections...   
Message 4 of 5
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Yes it should show up, but then again I don't use PACER often so I don't know for sure. My guess is that if they filed an objection, you (or your attorney) would have found out a long time ago. Quit worrying. Everything will be fine.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.