Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 Journey

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve disputed a couple of collections that were not reporting properly and one that belonged to my ex-wife. TU and EQ deleted 2 of 3, fixed the amounts on the 3rd

Is it too soon to start working on the rebuild?
I have a paid off installment loan with NFCU that was never late.
I have a secured visa with NFCU. Never been late in 2 years so I’m hoping to reaffirm this card if possible.

When should I get a secured CC with Capital One? After the 341 or wait until after discharge?

Thanks

I has a chapter 7 discharged on 6/30/17. I did get approved for an unsecured Cap1 card (QS1) before my discharge, after my 341. You might give it a shot. only $300 starting limit. I have managed to get it up to $1000 now and i got the Cap1 Platinum just after my discharge and that started at $500. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. The Cap One pre-qual site didn’t offer anything but said I may be interested in a secured. I’ll most likely go for the secured after the holidays. Currently my FICO8 sits at EQ 512 TU 545 Ex 532
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunsfan,
You mentioned getting a cap1 secures prior to discharge (wow), then a platinum after that- did you burn them in the BK?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies for the long delay, ive been overseas working.

I've never had any type of credit with capital one, they were not burned in CH 7
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got Discharged today!!!   Took 4 months 4 days.    

I have a question i hope someone can help with.  Background.  I oroginally filed Nov 21 2017.  My attorney did not get all the forms submitted by the due date the court had set.  My case was dismissed and i had to start over (at his expense). 

Re-filed Jan 12 2018 and discharged May 16 2018.2

I now have 2 Public records listed on all 3 CR's.  One showing Dismissed Nov 2017 and another Active Jan 2018.   Am i being punished scorewise for the 2 listings?   Does the newly discharged overlap the dismissed?

Thank you for input.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to my rebuild.   NFCU refused to let me reaffirm my secured CC with them (Never late in 3 years).  They closed the account, paid themselves what was owed and released balance of funds to my savings.   Will i be able to get another card with them?  Technically they were not "burned".  Possible for a Shared secured loan?

I now have these cards listed on my credit report.   Still waiting for discharge to update on CR and a few baddies to update to IIB.

Credit One unsecured $300

Cap One unsecured $300

Redstone FCU unsecured $15,000 AU

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update to my rebuild.   NFCU refused to let me reaffirm my secured CC with them (Never late in 3 years).  They closed the account, paid themselves what was owed and released balance of funds to my savings.   Will i be able to get another card with them?  Technically they were not "burned".  Possible for a Shared secured loan?

I now have these cards listed on my credit report.   Still waiting for discharge to update on CR and a few baddies to update to IIB.

Credit One unsecured $300

Cap One unsecured $300

Redstone FCU unsecured $15,000 AU

From everything I've read, yes on NFCU providing you weren't a loss to them. 

I know they won't give credit until 1 year post discharge, so manage your current accounts well, don't look hyper and app for a bunch of crap, and try them after that mark.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally got Discharged today!!!   Took 4 months 4 days.    

I have a question i hope someone can help with.  Background.  I oroginally filed Nov 21 2017.  My attorney did not get all the forms submitted by the due date the court had set.  My case was dismissed and i had to start over (at his expense). 

Re-filed Jan 12 2018 and discharged May 16 2018.

I now have 2 Public records listed on all 3 CR's.  One showing Dismissed Nov 2017 and another Active Jan 2018.   Am i being punished scorewise for the 2 listings?   Does the newly discharged overlap the dismissed?

Thank you for input.

Reposting hoping somone might have some insight on this?  Do i have any recourse if I am being "double punished"?  Or do i just have to suck it up.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.