Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Report Of No Distribution

tag
BEN52
Established Member

Chapter 7 Report Of No Distribution

I filed Chapter 7 last month, over median income. Had my 341 meeting yesterday. Very very stressed and anxious about this going through, it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least.

I checked PACER today and I see that there is a "Trustees Report of No Distribution" filed on my case. This seems like a good sign. Does this man that more or less my bankruptcy is approved for lack of a better word?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Report Of No Distribution

Trustee's Report of No Distribution & What It Means For Your Case 

"The Trustee's Report of No Distribution, or NDR, lets the court and all interested parties know that no money will be paid to creditors. If a NDR is filed, the court will close the bankruptcy case shortly after the discharge has been entered."

Message 2 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Done deal. Bring on the Discharge! Congrats!

Message 3 of 21
BEN52
Established Member

Thanks.

Obviously not a situation I ever envisioned being in or planned on being in. This will be a huge weight off my chest and a big step in moving forward and getting my life back. Now to start a plan for rebuilding my credit...

Message 4 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BEN52Once you get your discharge. Wait 30 days. Pull your free reports from annualcredit report.com. make sure all accounts list the BK. Then a score rise will happen and off you go on the rebuild.

Message 5 of 21
BEN52
Established Member

Well seems as if there may not be a discharge after all. US Trustee filed a presumption of abuse on my case today. Feeling more than defeated at the moment. This was my shot at getting things turned around. Feeling really unsure of things now.

Message 6 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call your lawyer and ask what are they doing to correct what was filed. They use software to file. maybe something was entered incorrectly.

Message 7 of 21
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

@BEN52 

In response to:

"I filed Chapter 7 last month, over median income. Had my 341 meeting yesterday. Very very stressed and anxious about this going through, it has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I checked PACER today and I see that there is a "Trustees Report of No Distribution" filed on my case. This seems like a good sign. Does this mean that more or less my bankruptcy is approved. . .

Well seems as if there may not be a discharge after all. US Trustee filed a presumption of abuse on my case today. . ."

I waited to comment as I anticipated that this second shoe would drop and, apparently it has.

For the record, the filing of a Trustee’s Report of No Distribution shortly after the 341 does not end the case. Creditors and the US Trustee still have the ability to question the filing. Since you are a “high earner”, it is the duty of the US Trustee to make sure you are entitled to a Chapter 7 discharge. That is exactly what is happening and such is not unusual or anything you need to lose sleep over at this point in the process.

You, through your attorney, will have the opportunity to work with the US Trustee to resolve any issues there may be. How do I know this in your case? I know this because the US Trustee has not yet filed a Motion to Dismiss.  The right to file such a Motion was preserved by the filing of the Notice of Presumption of Abuse.

The following link may help you understand this process.  Please note that your District (wherever that is) may have a local rule regarding this as well.:

http://www.pamb.uscourts.gov/content/us-trustee-presumption-abuse-filings

Bottom line - instead of looking to the Internet, sit down with your attorney and work through the concerns the US Trustee has. Based upon this thread, I see nothing unusual about what is transpiring. Remember, nothing in life is "easy" and, if you want the Chapter 7 discharge, you may have to "work" for it.

Des.

Message 8 of 21
BEN52
Established Member

Well I meet with my attorney Monday, we will see. Just very distressing, this has been a long road and just really needing some hope at the moment.

My concern is my income post filing. Both my wife and I have been working like gangbusters. In an effort to avoid what has led us to this position we are sticking to a very regimented plan. Budgeting, limiting spending, zero spending on credit, rebuilding her credit and paying back debt (she did not file), and building up an emergency fund. I am worried that this is going to bite me somehow when the intent was to prevent this from happening in the future. 

Message 9 of 21
BEN52
Established Member

Well the worst has happened. The UST got involved and long story short, much of what my lawyer told me was ok was not. My chapter 7 was dismissed for "totality of circumstances".

So my question is "now what"? Will the accounts that creditors previously closed be reopened? Will the debt just be sold to a collector? Just trying to pick up the pieces here. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.