Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 auto loan

Not True, Ask  your attorney for proof of your bankruptcy and listing of dealerships that they work with that can finance you. They can refer you. They are going to come and get it. It happened to me I was discharged on May 16th 2017, They came on Saturday May 21st, they didn't contact me to meet, they just showed up. I was devastated. Don't give up hope. prepare yourself and take everything out your car to save you some money. Hope This Helps

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same predicament. I filed a chapter 7 on 3/31/2017 and recieved my discharge today (according to Pacer).  It has not yet shown up on my credit report (Transunion of Experian).  My current car was financed through Regional Acceptance who sent me a letter stating they will repossess if payment has not been recieved by 7/19/17 (in TWO days).  I tried to get a pre-discharge auto loan but was denied due to my high amount of student loans, although I have a decent income.

I have b een told that I have to wait until the discharge shows up on my credit report in order to get financed.  I'm super worried my car will get reposessed before this happens and I'll be without a means to get to work. 

How long will the discharge take to show up on my credit report?

Most places will accept printed discharge papers rather than waiting for it to reflect "discharged" on your reports.

Message 11 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 auto loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Not True, Ask  your attorney for proof of your bankruptcy and listing of dealerships that they work with that can finance you. They can refer you. They are going to come and get it. It happened to me I was discharged on May 16th 2017, They came on Saturday May 21st, they didn't contact me to meet, they just showed up. I was devastated. Don't give up hope. prepare yourself and take everything out your car to save you some money. Hope This Helps

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same predicament. I filed a chapter 7 on 3/31/2017 and recieved my discharge today (according to Pacer).  It has not yet shown up on my credit report (Transunion of Experian).  My current car was financed through Regional Acceptance who sent me a letter stating they will repossess if payment has not been recieved by 7/19/17 (in TWO days).  I tried to get a pre-discharge auto loan but was denied due to my high amount of student loans, although I have a decent income.

I have b een told that I have to wait until the discharge shows up on my credit report in order to get financed.  I'm super worried my car will get reposessed before this happens and I'll be without a means to get to work. 

How long will the discharge take to show up on my credit report?

Most places will accept printed discharge papers rather than waiting for it to reflect "discharged" on your reports.

What are you saying isn't true? There is plenty of people here that have had dealers do financing before their reports say "discharged". In most cases all they want to see is the discharge paperwork from Pacer.. Asking an Attorney for a referral to a dealer they "work with"? You mean a dealer the attorney sends you to in order to receive a kickback?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.