Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off

I have a question. I had a bankruptcy and discharged in Oct 2016. One of the accounts was included and was reported as debt included in chapter 7. Well today I checked my credit report  to see a shocking blow to my credit score. It decreased by 120 points right when im refinancing my house. I went through my credit profile and saw that one of the creditors that was included in the bankruptcy some how changed the status to charged off and pays as agreed, updated (24 Feb 2020) on top of that the they changed every month from 2016 to now saying charge off(45 charge offs). I called the creditor and they did say they made a mistake. How long. do you think this will affect me. Thanks in advanced.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off

I would assume it'll take 30 days for the record to be updated and it sucks that this just so happened right when you're trying to refi. I would let the lender know what's going on so that they're aware. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.