Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-off IIB reporting correctly?

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Charge-off IIB reporting correctly?

Hello everyone. I am working on cleaning my reports after BK7 (discharge date was 1/2/18 but not showing yet). Most of my accounts show Included In Bankruptcy, but there are some that say Charge-Off. Should the charged off accounts that I included in my BK7 also say IIB? Or are they reporting correctly as is?

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-off IIB reporting correctly?

If it was charged off before bankruptcy, it remains a chargeoff.  It is discharged, but it can still be reported as a chargeoff.

Message 2 of 7
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Oh. I read somewhere that any and every account included in BK, whether previously charged off or not, should only show "zero balance, discharged in bankruptcy"

Pretty sure that will have a worse impact and make my rebuild more difficult Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

All of the accounts that I included in my BK were charged off at least two years before I filed. Most of them reflected the IIB notation around the time I received my discharge except for a few. I ended up disputing the ones that weren't and they were updated accordingly.

Message 4 of 7
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@CBTS wrote:

All of the accounts that I included in my BK were charged off at least two years before I filed. Most of them reflected the IIB notation around the time I received my discharge except for a few. I ended up disputing the ones that weren't and they were updated accordingly.

Ok. Hopefully I will have the same results once my discharge is complete. Last day to object was January 2nd. It's the 5th and I'm still not seeing any updates on Pacer since my 341 meeting.

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As long as they are reporting $0 bal/IIB, it won't matter. the IIB is the worst derog to be reported, and trust me...it won't hinder your rebuild.
Message 6 of 7
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I'll see an update soon, anxious to get started Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.