Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off vs IIB

tag
a0034d
New Contributor

Charge off vs IIB

I asked this question on the GCI board but only got one response. I thought I'd see what yall think.

I filed BK (7) in 2002. A few of the accounts that were included in the BK are listed as charge offs. Should I dispute these and have them reported as included in BK? I'm not sure which is best. All of them were last reported in 2002. Will they fall off in 2009 if they stay listed as CO? Also, if I try to the creditor to list them as included in BK will that reage them?

TIA

Message Edited by a0034d on 03-13-2008 11:31 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
a0034d
New Contributor

Re: Charge off vs BK

Smiley IndifferentHumm, no answer. I really just want to know if I manage to get the accounts that are listed as charge offs changed to IIB, will that reage the accounts? I'm concerned b/c most would fall off my report in 12 to 15 mtnhs. I am not planning apply for new credit in that time period but would like to improve my score anyway Should I try to get the accounts changed to IIB? I be grateful for some input on this.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off vs IIB

I asked a very similar question in another thread and haven't got an answer yet either. I am concerned about re-aging. A lot of people here know the answer I'm sure, none of them have seen this yet. Some super smart bk guru will be along shortly. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question and got no answer for a long time, but when I got the reply recently, the advice was to mov the credit card company. I had disputed all of my accounts with the CRA's and ten were deleted, except for Providian (still a charge off came back verified 3x), but per Experian it should be off by 2010 (7 years). I will be trying the mov though.  I'll need to read through the forum for the mov letter.  Also, from Novemebr thru February, when ten items were deleted, my score jumped 100+ in EX and 80+ in EQ and TU.
Message 4 of 6
kilogram
Established Member

How did you decide which items to dispute? Or did you just dispute everything? I didn't realize the IIB accounts hurt your score beyond the BK public record. I'm going to have 12 when it's all said and done.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had printed out my 3 cra reports and included all my debts (except for irs and student loans), then, gave it to my lawyer with all the credit card statements included.  Experian always comes back verified for Providian, but I'll mov them when I get a chance.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.