Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offsand bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offsand bankruptcy

I have two accounts that were charged off and sold a few months before I filed for bankruptcy. I know that they will remain listed as charged off by the original creditors. They are not being reported by any CA. They were listed in my bankruptcy as OC since that's the only info I had. I disputed to have them listed as IIB, but they said it is correct as is. Am I protected against collections by the collection agency for those accounts?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge offsand bankruptcy

These collections should have been included in your bankruptcy, I suggest you keep disputing the items and make sure you send a copy of your discharge paper with each dispute. Something I noticed works well is wait 6 weeks between disputes, I finally got my last account to show correctly just today.

Message 2 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Try contacting the CA's directly and let them know about the BK. Tell them they are not allowed to report it and see if they will remove them asap.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out who it is? My credit report just says sold to another creditor.
Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How do I find out who it is? My credit report just says sold to another creditor.

I should have read more closely, I apologize.. If they aren't reporting there is nothing to worry about at the moment.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are listed on my Transunion as charge offs by the original creditors.  I disputed it once, but they said it was correct.  I called the buyer of one debt and they said they would change it a couple of weeks ago.  The other original creditor wouldn't tell me the name of the buyer because they couldn't talk to me during the stay.  I am discharged now, so maybe I can try again. I  also filed another dispute with Transunion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.