Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Checking after BK

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Chase Checking after BK

Hi Everyone,

I was able to open a Chase (burned them in BK) checking and savings account today with no issue. They don't check your credit. My sister recently added me as an authorized user on her Chase CC account which she has a 19K limit on, so I hoping I can get back in with them in the someday. I'm starting to build that relationship with them. I did burned them in Chapter 7 for $5,800 almost 2 years ago. I know they are the toughest (tougher than Amex) to get back with even after bankrupcy. I'm gonna give it a total of 5 years and go into a branch to apply for one of their core cards. I think I will have better chances at a branch then online when that time comes. For now baby steps.

Thanks,

Soxfaninfl

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Checking after BK

Good to know 😘😘

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I was with Chase for years with Check/Sav. I never had a card with them. A year after BK in branch I was told I wont see a CC from them for years to come. Were talking 15+ years I was with them. Oh really. Went across the street and opened the same with SunTrust. Went back to Chase. All within an hour. Pulled all my $ out at Chase and said have a nice day. 10 days later my SunTrust Cash Rewards CC showed up with a $7000 SL. So Chase can kiss my Greek #FSR. I dont care what the name on the card is now. Its what the card can do for me. Maybe the next solar eclipse you have a good shot. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 7
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I was with Chase for years with Check/Sav. I never had a card with them. A year after BK in branch I was told I wont see a CC from them for years to come. Were talking 15+ years I was with them. Oh really. Went across the street and opened the same with SunTrust. Went back to Chase. All within an hour. Pulled all my $ out at Chase and said have a nice day. 10 days later my SunTrust Cash Rewards CC showed up with a $7000 SL. So Chase can kiss my Greek #FSR. I dont care what the name on the card is now. Its what the card can do for me. Maybe the next solar eclipse you have a good shot. Good Luck!

This has me tempted to me move all of my funds over to NFCU.  I'm currently in 13 and would love a Chase card, but if that's how they view consumers who filed BK then it may be time to move on from that dream of mine.  

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

This has me tempted to me move all of my funds over to NFCU.  I'm currently in 13 and would love a Chase card, but if that's how they view consumers who filed BK then it may be time to move on from that dream of mine.  

@coreyb80  I could see if we burned them and they lost money. But when we're clean with a bank for a long time and never a NSF and so on. Give us a chance. Nope. So your loss, not mine. Better off in an hour with another bank. And a half way decent card. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@coreyb80  I could see if we burned them and they lost money. But when we're clean with a bank for a long time and never a NSF and so on. Give us a chance. Nope. So your loss, not mine. Better off in an hour with another bank. And a half way decent card. Smiley Tongue

I agree and you got me thinking now.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge, applying for a Chase card with a BK on file is an auto denial.  So with a CH 13, you're looking at 7 years minimum.  I'm sure here someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.