Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Citi/BofA after BK drops off report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase/Citi/BofA after BK drops off report

So I have 6 months left before my BK drops off (though some say it drops off earlier than the exact 10 year mark I'm not counting on it). 

Chase/Citi and BofA were included in my BK in 2009. 

Once that drops off, what has been the experience of others in opening cards with these lenders? Are they like Amex and ban you for life? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase/Citi/BofA after BK drops off report

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have 6 months left before my BK drops off (though some say it drops off earlier than the exact 10 year mark I'm not counting on it). 

Chase/Citi and BofA were included in my BK in 2009. 

Once that drops off, what has been the experience of others in opening cards with these lenders? Are they like Amex and ban you for life? 

Thanks!

You aren't necessarily banned for life with Amex or any creditor.  Since they were IIB,  you have a chance to get back in but there is no guarantee that you ever will.  As you mentioned with Amex above, I have read about people being approved in 10 years and also have read about others way over the 20 year mark and being unsuccessful.  Typically with Amex though, you know that you are on the blacklist when they don't even bother to pull your credit.  It is a YRMV sort of thing.  Hopefully your rebuild has gone well enough leading up to any of your applications.  GL!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.