Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto loan with 2 chase cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto loan with 2 chase cards

Hello, I hate to even think like this but its killing me.  I have an auto loan with Chase and also 2 chase cards with about 8K owed.  I would like to keep my car and was wondering if I do file for chapter 7 would I be able to reaffirm my auto with them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase auto loan with 2 chase cards

Yes, you should be able to reaffirm your car.  Even though its always suggested you dont reaffirn anything,  but the CC's are history, and you  will not be able to get another one with them for 7-10 yrs, or longer. You will not be able to leave the CC's out either. Everything goes into the BK pot. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand, the only real benefit you get with a re-affirmation agreement is the credit history.
Other than that, if you keep making payments and aren’t behind, they won’t come get the collateral and the benefit of that is if you ever decide you want to walk away from the car, or if you simply can’t make payments anymore, you can just toss them the keys and walk away from the car. With a re-affirmation agreement, it’s as if the BK never happened, you are still liable to pay and can still be sued for any deficiency.
Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
From what I understand, the only real benefit you get with a re-affirmation agreement is the credit history.
Other than that, if you keep making payments and aren’t behind, they won’t come get the collateral and the benefit of that is if you ever decide you want to walk away from the car, or if you simply can’t make payments anymore, you can just toss them the keys and walk away from the car. With a re-affirmation agreement, it’s as if the BK never happened, you are still liable to pay and can still be sued for any deficiency.

+1.. I agreewith @Anonymous . 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.