cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

tag
AllAboutCredit1

Re: ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

If you have the copy of your Chexs report, even showing a 0 balance for any accounts listed, that should be good enough to take into the bank and when they do run you through chexs, you can have the proof in hand that it has been taken care of. As long as the report is recent and shows 0, they should open you an account.

Message 21 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

7/1/3

ChexSystems, Inc.

Consumer Relations

7805 Hudson Rd. Suite 100

Woodbury, MN 55125

Hello, Good People of ChexSystems:

I am writing to demand ChexSystems Inc. remove and delete any negative information that has been listed about me. Included within is a copy of my chapter 7 bankruptcy notice, a recent ChexSystems report with offending items circled, and just in case you need it, a copy of the creditor matrix submitted with the bankruptcy petition with relevant information circled.

My contact information is as follows:

Chubbs

social securoity number

ChexSystems ID number

address

Thanks, and have an awesome day!

Chubbs

Message 22 of 108
AllAboutCredit1

Ok. It has been 11 business days and I called Chexsystems this morning. The lady said that all three of my accounts were removed from my consumer report and that they will send out a letter confirming this. I also asked additionally to be sent an updated copy of my report just to be sure because if the system is not completeyl updated when I go in the bank to apply for an account and they try to say im listed with chexs, I have the proof in hand that it has been taken care of and that no negative items are listed. So now im just waiting on the letter and the updated report to get here....My 341 is is 2 weeks. I will try to get an account afterwards.

Message 23 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed!
Message 24 of 108
AllAboutCredit1

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I sent in my request and my bankruptcy info on 8/23 and today is 9/12 and I got my answer and everything in the mail. I had called them 9/9 and they confirmed everything but I was waiting on the letter.

"Please be advised that based on the bankruptcy filing, the information listed above has been removed from your consumer file at Chexsystems." At this time I had two accounts listed and one just fell off due to it hitting the 5 year mark. So i have the updated copy of my own report that has NOTHING on it.  It just feels so good to look at the section where it says "Reported Information" and up under it says No information found! Will update when I successfully obtain a new regular checking account Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 108
AllAboutCredit1

Today is 9/25 and I just had an online representative help me to open a NEW CHECKING (no restrictions) account! It actually was pretty cool cuz online its pretty much free to open, but in the branch they wanted a 25.00 deposit. I went with  Huntington National Bank here in Ohio. I will be going into the branch today to make a deposit anyway just to get it started. Yesterday, I was denied by Kemba Credit Union, which is supposed to be alot friendlier (yeah right). I was so upset. But I was in contact with Huntington several times and they stated they only used CHEXSYSTEMS to open new accounts. So I called CHEXSYSTEMS to verify everything was cleared even though i had the letter in my hand saying they had no negative records on me. They said eveything was fine and this morning I opened my NEW ACCOUNT!!! I will NOT mess this up!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 26 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

Congrats AAC, I've opened 3 checking accounts since I've been cleared. I no longer feel the need to tell the person opening the account that "something could come up" to stave off embarrasment. Good luck to you.

Message 27 of 108
Khan87
New Contributor

Hello Chubbs3,

I've read your whole thread and its very informational but I was still confused abou tone thing. What BK document did you send with your personal written letter and was it Before/After your Trustee meeting.

Thanks,

Sam

Message 28 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

I faxed them my notice of filing, it will be the same sheet telling you when and where to go for your meeting of creditors. There's no need to wait for the meeting or discharge. As soon as you get the notice you're good to go.

Message 29 of 108
AllGrownUp
New Visitor

I only get an intructional recording. Would you happen to have the number I can to talk to a live person at Chexsystems?

Message 30 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.