cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close oh so close!!! Please help

tag
akamagnus

Close oh so close!!! Please help

I filed Chapter 13 in 9/2000 and it was dismissed in 12/2000. I filed Chapter 7 in 9/2003 and discharged in 12/2003. When will they fall off? I'm so close to buying a house and I want trying to get all my scores up to where they need to be.

Thanks

TU 625

EQ 609

EX ???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Close oh so close!!! Please help

@akamagnus wrote:

I filed Chapter 13 in 9/2000 and it was dismissed in 12/2000. I filed Chapter 7 in 9/2003 and discharged in 12/2003. When will they fall off? I'm so close to buying a house and I want trying to get all my scores up to where they need to be.

Thanks

TU 625

EQ 609

EX ???

Chapter 7 remains for 10 years from the filing date. Chapter 13 remains for 7 years from the filing date. Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain 7 years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 5
akamagnus

Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder why the Chapter 13 has not fallen off as of yet. Do I need to request to have them removed? If so, how is that done?

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@akamagnus wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder why the Chapter 13 has not fallen off as of yet. Do I need to request to have them removed? If so, how is that done?

I would dispute with the CRA's that this account is outside the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period).

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged Ch 13's report for 7 years;

Dismissed Ch. 13's apparently report for 10 years on EQ; but 7 years on EXP and TU according to their websites.

I agree - I would dispute those which should have aged off - because of the fancy letters MVV said.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.